Senior Security Coordinator(362 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Grant Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (hereinafter called the recipient) and Asian Development Bank (hereinafter Called) ADB.
The Recipient and ADB entered in to the Framework Financing Agreements for the purposes of Multi tranche financing facility to help the Afghanistan fund projects and subprojects under its energy section development investment program.
The projects will promote economic development and will contribute to poverty reduction by ensuring sustainable and reliable electricity supply, it well improve power transmission and distribution infrastructure through rehabilitation, augmentation and expansion of the primary high-voltage and low-voltage transmission networks, and will promote rural electrification and development of renewable energy
The Senior Security Coordinator will have security training or military/police background and experience in implementation security plans for infrastructure/power projects in Afghanistan. The Senior Security Coordinator must be able to design the security and safety plan for the construction site and site office for both international, national experts and contractors
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0336|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The coordinator will undertake the following:
• The security coordinator will also be in charge of the implementation of the security and safety plan to ensure safety of the consultant and contractor;
• The security coordinator will coordinate and liaise with the project managers, Afghan National Army (ANA) and/or Afghan National Police (ANP) on all security matters;
• The contractor and engineers in coordination with security expert in contractor's team will identify risk and security threats and design mitigation measures so that project is implemented in a seamless manner;
• Any project team members deploying to Afghanistan will also be required to obtain security clearance. This can be arranged but will require the completion of a number of forms by the individual. This process can take up to 3 months and so time should be factored in for this.
• Assist the Government, the EA and the Contractor to prepare the Project Security Plan;
• Reviewing of the Project Security Plan submitted by the Contractors and coordination of final approval by the EA and ADB;
• Ongoing consultation and coordination of the implementation of the Project Security Plan with the Ministry of Interior, the EA and the Contractors;
• Supervision of implementation of the Project Security Plan including reporting;
• Preparation of the Consultant Security Plan and supervision of its implementation;
• Supervision and monitoring of APPF or other security personnel at office premises in Kabul and elsewhere;
• Ensure staff vehicles are appropriate, for commuting to and from client's offices;
• Provide input on the field of responsibility to inception, interim, draft and other project reports.
• Any other related activity as may be reasonably requested by DABS.
• Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks, have good time management skills
• Ability to maximize the use of current software, look for opportunities to innovate
• Work independently, self-motivated, collaborative, assertive
• Ability to interact with all members of project team: subcontractors, field staff, client, etc.
• Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing/graphically.
• Minimum of BA/B.Sc, degree in any discipline
• Min. 3-5 years’ experience are required.
• Military or Police Background are preferred
• Work experience in infrastructural development projects
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Services
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|گارد امنیتی at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|