Procurement Officer(563 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
In 2010, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community, following the London and Kabul Conferences in January and July 2010, respectively, and by Presidential Decree 61, 2010.
The MEC is an independent agency, and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. Following the London Conference, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan invited the international community to form a joint Afghan-International monitoring and evaluation committee. On September 18, 2016, the Afghan president issued Presidential Decree No. 115. This changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee which abrogates all previous Presidential Decrees. The MEC focuses on:
• Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
• Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
• Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption.
The Procurement Officer will be working under overall guidance of the MEC Head of Admin, HR & Procurement and ensures smooth operation of procurement activities at MEC. The Procurement officer will work closely with Admin Officer and finance department on specific occasions. The key results of procurement officer activities have direct impact on the overall MEC efficiency on budget expenditure, Value for Money and other procurement activities success. Procurement Officer provides information and suggestion to the Head of Admin, HR and Procurement on all procurement budget expenditure matters and on any other issues requested by the Head of department.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2018||Reference:||MEC|
|Closing Date:||17 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure transparent, effective and accurate resource management and oversight, focusing on the achievement of the following:
• Under the supervision of Head of Admin, HR & Procurement Management and oversight of all small procurement activities of MEC in coordination with other units.
• Conducting/carrying out procurement activities in line with MEC procurement policy and standard procedures as and when required including preparing PR, obtaining quotes, doing comparisons, sending out PO if required on timely manner.
• Coordination and management of quotations, POs, Good Receive Note and Invoice process for Payment with finance and other departments.
• Paying attention to details and make sure the purchases are in line with the established purchasing limitations.
• Keeping track of all service contracts with venders and inform his/her direct supervisor on the expiry dates.
• Initiate the bidding / tendering processes before expiry date of existing service contract when necessary.
• Timely follow up with vendors/contractors on any pending invoices and procurement related issues
• Coordination and liaison with vendors.
• Manage MEC Inventory list, in line with MEC Asset management and disposal Policy.
o Asset tagging
o Asset maintenance
o Asset disposal as required according to the policy
• Any other tasks assign by direct supervisor.
• University graduate in Public Administration, Management, Economic, or Business Administration.
• Experience in procurement for at least 3 year.
• Fluent in Dari or Pashto with good English Language skill (written & oral)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Office ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn new skills, develop and take extra responsibilities.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this stage.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed with the subject line "Procurement Officer Officer" by Oct 17, 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Assistant ( عضو تهیه و ت.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-Announce)Sr. Procurement & Contract Manag.. at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|