National Grant and Contracts Coordinator (HSS-Program)(1077 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
Despite impressive progress in health system development and services delivery, Afghanistan still faces tremendous challenges in provision of equable quality health care. In addition to security challenges and dependency on external support, challenges such as improved access to health care, upgrading the skills of service providers, weak demand for services utilization, and gaps in stewardship role of the ministry such as properly monitoring the system at all levels, are examples of these challenges. In order to strengthen the system and address some of the bottlenecks, the Global Alliance on Vaccination and Immunization (GAVI) opened opportunities to a group of countries to fill the gaps and strengthen their health systems.
In response, Afghanistan submitted proposals in accordance with the donor guidelines, proposing some of the critical areas that affect the system. These areas mainly include improved access to quality health care, increased demand for health services utilization and strengthen stewardship role of the MOPH at different levels. The applications in case of GAVI are Health System Strengthening (HSS) application, Civil Society Organizations (CSO) type A and B applications, Health System Funding Platform (HSFP) and HSS3 applications submitted and approved by the GAVI secretariat.
The incumbent will provide full time support for the implementation and establishment of a replicable model of partnership with private service providers to provide access to immunization and basic reproductive health (RH) services in the targeted provinces. The primary purpose of the recruitment of a national consultant is to assist GCMU in successful implementation PHP project including: preparing the contract, awarding grants, reviewing quarterly reports and deliverables, ensuring grantee payments; monitoring, reporting and evaluation of results, monitoring the progress against the plans, tracking expanses against budgets and generating required reports.
|Date Posted:||06 Oct 2018||Reference:||National/G/coordinator/HSS/P|
|Closing Date:||19 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Manage and oversee NGO partner contract/grant compliance and project implementation in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract/grant. Responsible for contract management and contract modifications of PHP contracts.
2) Assist in developing or adapting formats, procedures, and regulations to be used for contract and grant management according to Afghan’s Procurement Law, MOPH and donor requirements and regulations.
3) Contribute actively in developing the ToR and other related required documents for the RFP for the new HSS projects.
4) Coordination and interaction with the related stakeholders such as NGO partners, MoPH departments at the central and provincial level, governmental authorities and community representatives.
5) Review the proposals in light of the GOIRA procurement rules, MoPH policies, regulation and technical guidelines.
6) Ensure that the contracting NGOs implementing PHP contracts submit all the required project documents including the technical reports on timely basis aligned with the contracts.
7) Review the technical reports of PHP contractors and provide constructive and timely feedback.
8) Establish appropriate monitoring and supervision and reporting system between GCMU, M&E and PHP contractors and relevant stakeholders.
9) Monitor the contractors activities to make sure the performance is in compliance with the contract requirements including analyzing the quarterly data and reporting using routine information sources (quarterly reports, HMIS, monitoring visit reports, etc.) and ad-hoc information, and ensure that action plans and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner to achieve desired performance outcomes.
10) Collaborate with development budget department to assist in timely payments and monitoring /reporting the financial performance.
11) Keep proper record of correspondence and documents related to PHP contract management.
12) Produce monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc report of the PHP contracts, as required.
13) Any other tasks to be given by line manager relevant to his qualification and expertise
D. LINE OF REPORING:
The PHP senior consultant will report to the Grant manager of the grant based in GCMU.
1) To be able to develop, comment and review health project budgets.
2) Have an excellent knowledge of English (writing, speaking, and understanding), fluency in national languages
3) Willingness to travel to targeted provinces and districts, 15-25% of his/her ti
F. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1) To be a MD or equivalent from a recognized university with at least 7 years’ experience of working with NGOs, UN agencies or government of Afghanistan; or Masters in Public Health with at least 5 years’ experience of working with NGOs, UN agencies or government of Afghanistan for health project management and coordination.
2) Knowledge and experiences of procurement for consultancy services is preferable.
3) To be able to develop, comment and review health project budgets.
4) Have an excellent knowledge of English (writing, speaking, and understanding), fluency in national languages
5) Willingness to travel to targeted provinces and districts, 15-25% of his/her time.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-707777734
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad NAwid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references
MANAGERS WHO LEAD
قانون و طرزالعمل تدارکات افغانستان
|More jobs in this category|
|MD Specialist Anaesthetist Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF..||Kabul||06 Mar 2019|
|Program Assistant (CBM-H) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Endoscopist (Physician Gastroenterologist) at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Health Promotion Liaison and Communication Of.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Nutrition and Health Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Medical Activity Manager/Bed Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Helmand||23 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialist Gynecologist Female at Médecins Sans Frontièr..||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|آمر پروژه ربیس وزونوزیس at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|مدیر ولایتی کنترول امراض.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||22 Feb 2019|
|Medical Doctor Specialized Gynaecologist at Médecins Sans Frontières (..||Khost||31 Dec 2019|