Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer(1054 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
About Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation. We work with civil society, governments and international organizations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
About the Project
The Foundation will provide multi-year funding to selected Grassroots Women Organizations (GWOs) for their programs, as well as quick, responsive funding for discrete activities and short-term projects. The Foundation will also provide institutional capacity-building support to recipients of funding to ensure GWOs are able to best implement their programmatic ideas. In addition to self-monitoring and evaluation of the projects by the partners, the Foundation will conduct an annual survey on women’s empowerment to evaluate the impact of projects and the program’s contribution to the overall goal of improving women’s empowerment in Afghanistan.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer is responsible for M&E reporting to M&E Specialist, contributes toward the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of the M&E unit as well as the overall programme(s) implementation.
|Date Posted:||06 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA#39/2018|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• M&E activities planning and supervision
• M&E activities administration
• M&E activities reporting
• M&E activities data collection and record keeping
1. M&E activities administration, supervision and reporting
• Prepare monthly schedule (work plan) of M&E related activities.
• Monitor the field reports based on project implementation plan and M&E framework through WEP monitoring and evaluation tools.
• Prepare informative field and desk reports, identify shortcomings and make relevant recommendations on a weekly basis.
• Enter qualitative and quantitative data into M&E system.
• Conduct data quality checks on M&E reports and ensure accuracy and completeness of M&E tools.
• Collect data, enter and analyze data based on project requirements, and ensure data accuracy and reliability.
• Keep record of hard copies and soft copies of data.
• Develop monthly a success story and case study from the field.
2. Conduct surveys, focus group discussion, key informant interviews, baseline, etc.
• Develop operational monitoring tools (checklist, questionnaires, databases, interview and survey forms, etc.
• Conduct observations, surveys, focus group discussions and key informant interviews with different persons of different age groups (children, youth, adults) and a different gender.
• Enter data from FGDs, surveys, observations and KIIs, participate in data analysis and draft reports.
• Participate in the baseline, mid-term and end of term evaluation of programmes in accordance with the M&E framework.
• Support short-term M&E evaluators and experts as required.
3. Capacity building
• Assist in developing personal and organizational expertise on M&E issues (using training, distance study, experience sharing with implementing partners).
• Participate and attend capacity building events as required.
• Handle any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the M&E Specialist.
4. Identify problems or risks
• Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project.
• Must communicate these items with the M&E Specialist and Director WEP, and work to identify potential solutions.
• Maintain good communication with colleagues and implementing partners.
• Fluency in spoken and written English, Pashto and Dari languages is an essential requirement.
• Documented quality report writing skills in English language is essential.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and Excel are required.
• The ability to travel outside Kabul.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Willingness to develop collaborative work with others.
• A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• A commitment to learn and be open for new ideas and approaches.
• Bachelor degree required in relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant competency area, including statistics, international development, economics or other.
• Minimum 6 years of experience working on monitoring, evaluation and learning for donor funded projects.
• Demonstrated understanding of Log Frame and Project Implementation Plans.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CVs (no longer than six pages) accompanied by a letter stating why they are suitable for this position, and the completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than October 25, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a cover letter stating the suitability for the position and completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached is a form) will be automatically disqualified.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|مدیر عمومی مانیتورینگ(نظ.. at Ministry of Higher Edu..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|M&E Officer at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||12 Dec 2018|