Project Manager(1388 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
About Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, our work across the region addresses five overarching goals—strengthen governance, empower women, expand economic opportunity, increase environmental resilience, and promote regional cooperation. We work with civil society, governments and international organizations to encourage and support effective policies and practices through advocacy, research and policy development, and through supporting the actions of others.
About the Project
The Foundation will provide multi-year funding to selected Grassroots Women Organizations (GWOs) for their programs, as well as quick, responsive funding for discrete activities and short-term projects. The Foundation will also provide institutional capacity-building support to recipients of funding to ensure GWOs are able to best implement their programmatic ideas. In addition to self-monitoring and evaluation of the projects by the partners, the Foundation will conduct an annual survey on women’s empowerment to evaluate the impact of projects and the program’s contribution to the overall goal of improving women’s empowerment in Afghanistan.
The Project Manager is responsible for project management from inception to the end of the project, including reporting, project budget management, implementation and closeout of “Encouraging Innovation for Women’s Empowerment in Afghanistan” project. The Project Manager is also accountable for the successful delivery of all project deliverables in a timely manner, ‘on budget’, and with the required results as specified in the donor agreement, including quality control, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables, while ensuring compliance with TAF and donor’s requirements, policies and procedures.
• Project management from inception to the end of the project.
• Accountable for successful delivery of the project, ensuring that it is on time, on a budget, and with the required results as specified in the donor agreement.
• Strengthen implementing partners and short-term staff capacities.
• Contribute to development of M&E framework, and design activities in a manner which contributes to achieving the outcome and output indicators.
|Date Posted:||06 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA#40/2018|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide advice and support to project management and implementation
• Formulate project implementation & mobilization plans for target provinces/districts.
• Provide management and oversee technical requirements, which includes program deliverables and results.
• Develop work plans for the project, and ensure that the project is implemented in accordance with the specific work plans and schedule.
• Establish and maintain appropriate project governance and controls, project gates, documentation, reports and information management.
• Ensure achievement of all project milestones within the planned timeframe.
• Review and evaluate incoming proposals from grassroots women’s organizations (GWOs), acquire supplementary information/research as needed.
• Seek endorsements and communicate with advisors on grant proposals.
• Enhance and sustain grantee and advisor networks.
• Write reports and prepare analyses from field reports of grant making activities.
• Support the preparation of the grant making program budget.
• Share administrative duties within the grant making team including database management and grants administration.
• Develop strategic grant making priorities for different provinces and districts.
• Design and conduct institutional capacity building support for recipients of funding based on their own understanding and analysis of their needs.
• Align the project with national commitments and priorities on women’s rights and influence fulfilling these commitments.
• Design and implement the annual survey on women’s empowerment to evaluate the impact of the project on the overall goal of improving women’s empowerment in Afghanistan.
• Review partners’ narrative and financial reports to ensure they are accurate and matching the requirements.
• Respond to all project reporting requirements, including monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annual program reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the contract.
• Contribute to fundraising initiatives, including assisting in the writing of proposals.
• Oversee performance management of project staff, technical experts and consultants and ensure compliance with TAF and donor’s rules and regulations and policies, and provide timely feedback to them.
• Design a closeout plan and prepare project closeout report.
2. Advocacy and promotion of Foundation’s mandate and mission
• Manage events and publications on project related issues contributing to strengthening women’s voice and leadership in Afghanistan.
• Strengthen Foundation’s networking with grass roots women, women networks/alliances and other relevant organizations to develop grant making and programmatic partnerships and collaborations.
• Participate and represent in relevant forums, conferences and trainings.
• Support formulation of strategies and monitor progress towards the achievement of project goals.
• Implement relevant, high-impact advocacy campaigns with key partners.
• Contribute to knowledge networks at the provincial and local level.
3. Budget & financial management
• Develop project budgets and ensure spending projections are kept up-to-date, expenditures are within approved budgets, that spending targets are met, and that appropriate steps are taken in managing the project budget in accordance with the donor agreement.
• Lead on initiating relevant procurement processes in line with programme spending and procurement planning.
4. Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning
• Assist the Director WEP with ongoing reviews and evaluation of whether initiative is reaching the right target group and achieving its goals.
• Ensure, in conjunction with the M&E staff an effective monitoring & evaluation, accountability and learning of the entire project, including meeting the progress of the Key Performance Indicators.
• Contribute towards shared learning initiatives including documentation of best practices emanating from the project.
5. Internal and external relations
• Extensive interaction with Director WEP, project teams and relevant departments.
• Represent the programme along with the Director WEP and project staff in meetings, and with government and implementing partners.
• Maintain healthy relationship with government agencies/line departments and cooperating organizations operating in the districts and provinces of the operation
6. Identify problems or risks
• Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the programme(s).
• Must communicate these items with the Project Manager, and work to identify potential solutions.
• Maintain good communication with colleagues and implementing partners.
• Checking that everything is working smoothly, and alerting the Project Manager if they endanger the programme(s).
• Fluency in spoken and written English, Pashto and Dari languages is an essential requirement.
• Documented quality report writing skills in English language is essential.
• Excellent computer skills, including MS Office are required, use of excel is appreciated.
• Willingness to develop collaborative work with others.
• A commitment to working in a non-partisan manner.
• A commitment to learn and be open for new ideas and approaches.
• Willing to travel outside Kabul at short notice.
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Sound knowledge of women’s empowerment, gender equality, women’s voice and leadership concepts.
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience at the national level in women’s empowerment programmes, community organizations, advocacy and or grant-making.
• Experience in providing capacity building services and establishing/maintaining networks or alliances.
• Demonstrated project design and management experience.
• Demonstrated experience in advocacy, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
• Demonstrated experience in developing of project work plans and budgets.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CVs (no longer than six pages) accompanied by a letter stating why they are suitable for this position, and the completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than October 25, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a cover letter stating the suitability for the position and completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached is the File) will be automatically disqualified.
Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|اداره کننده شبکه at Da Afghanistan Bank||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Policy and Planning Expert at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||17 Mar 2019|
|Head of Mine Risk Education Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coor..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Chief of Quality Management at Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (D..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|