Risk Management Committee’s Member(1016 Views)
About Bank-e-Millie Afghan
Bank-e- Millie Afghan (BMA) was the first financial institution established in Afghanistan in 1933. Similarly, it was the first financial institution established in a public private partnership set up with 72 percent share held by private sector. As a first bank in Afghanistan, BMA introduced formal banking services to the people and government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Since then, the banks competitive strength and ongoing market leadership philosophy lays in its strong capital base and proven trustworthiness.
In 1976, it was fully nationalized by the government of Afghanistan. Since its establishment, BMA is a leading banking in providing modern and secure banking services. Securing depositors' funds is the top priority of the bank. At the same time, the bank is contributing considerably to the development of manufacturing, agriculture, services, and international trade in the country. BMA is operating based on strong corporate governance principles, financial risk management and strict compliance to keep its credibility and trust. BMA has 15 city branches in Kabul and 21 provincial branches and equity investments in United States of America and England. And it is celebrating its 85th years of fame.
The Risk Committee members is responsible for the all duties & Responsibilities that are explained in the below section.
|Date Posted:||07 Oct 2018||Reference:||“BMA//2018//042|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review and evaluate the bank’s proposed policies, strategies, limits and procedures for risk management, and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors regarding their approval.
• Ensure that bank’s risk management policies, strategies and limits are appropriate for the bank’s business strategy as approved by the Board of Supervisors and regulators.
• Monitor the implementation of those policies, strategies and limits through receipt of reports from senior management and/or the bank’s risk management function.
• Review and monitor Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Market Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity Risk, investment risk, compliance risk, IT security and other risks.
• To Review Bank’s risk exposure under different products
• To Review the performance of classified and non-performing loan portfolio.
• To Monitor and ensure that Bank Capital is sufficient to support risk taking activities
• Submit reports to Board of Supervisors on the effectiveness of the bank’s risk management process.
• Periodically review the bank’s risk management policies, strategies and limits, and recommend to the Board of Supervisors any changes that the Committee deems necessary.
• Assist the Board of Supervisors to ensure that the bank’s risk management program is conducted in accordance with the policies, strategies and limits approved by the Board of Supervisors and with relevant laws and regulations of Da Afghanistan Bank.
• Perform other tasks assigned to it by the Board of Supervisors relative to the bank’s risk management program.
Qualification, Experience and Skills requirement
• Risk Certified (FRM, PRM or APRM,)
• Minimum MBA degree and a minimum of 10 years banking experience is required
• Proficient in risk assessment, stress testing and other risk management models.
• Analytic and decisive decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize and communicate key objectives and tactics.
• Confident and self-assured while putting others at ease. Strong problem-solving skills, creative and resourceful, ability to find new approaches and solutions.
• Experience with regulatory compliance, including working with examiners and regulators
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Business Administration
You can apply for this post in such ways:
By Electronic submission:
You should apply electronically by sending your CV and a one-page covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position to E-mail given below.
PLEASE SPECIFY ONLY THE VACANCY NUMBER “BMA//2018//042” IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Address: JADE IBNE SINA WATT, KABUL AFGHANISTAN
1. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
2. ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Vacancies@BMA.com.af - Ehsan.mahmoodi@BMA.COM.AF
|More jobs in this category|
|MIS Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Deputy Branch Manager at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Balkh||28 Feb 2019|
|IT&C.B.S Internal Audit Officer at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Card Management Officer(Alternative Delivery .. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|ATM Technical Support Officer at Bank-e-Millie Afghan||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Chief Risk Officer at Arian Bank||Kabul||27 Feb 2019|
|Corporate Secretary at Ghazanfar Bank||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|