Project Manager(1441 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The PM will head the Project Management Unit (PMU). He will be responsible for ensuring the project is managed efficiently and achieves its operational objectives and deliverables. The PM will report to the National Program Director. The PM’s tasks will be as follows:
|Date Posted:||07 Oct 2018||Reference:||Project Manager Oct-07-18/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for day-to-day Project technical management of the project and the relevant sub-components.
• He should also closely work with the project director on the recruitment of technical (livestock, agriculture) staff required by the project.
• Ensure close and effective collaboration at the provincial and district levels staff of MAIL functionaries and related service providers/ agencies so that project objectives and deliverables are realized at the target group level.
• Ensure the adequate and timely preparation and submission of all the Annual Work Plan & Budgets
• Help the project director and the finance team on the withdrawal applications, disbursements, preparation of all supporting documents, financial reports, travel claims, procurement and audit reports together with timely preparation of quarterly and annual progress reports for submission to the Government and IFAD.
• Undertake regular monitoring and supervision visits to project areas and facilitate cross learning and sharing of experiences between project functionaries; ensure best practices are documented and disseminated within and beyond the project; insist that IFAD‟s policies and standards (transparency and accountability, gender sensitivity, inclusiveness, targeting) are complied with across all levels of the project; sanctioned plans are executed as envisaged; personnel and SPs are adequately resourced and equipped for the task; and arrange/conduct impact assessment surveys periodically.
• In collaboration with the PSU staff ensure that the staff of the PMU as well as project staff are sensitizedon gender issues; targeting and activities specified for women are regularly monitored; gender issues are identified and resolved during project meetings, periodic gender assessments and the same reflected in reports to the PMU and PSU.
• Provide technical support and back-stopping to communities/ common interest groups and service providers as needed and ensure implementation of the participatory and multi-faceted interventions of the programme in line with project strategy.
• Organise training and learning events for project staff so as to upgrade their competencies and capabilities in accordance with the approved Training Calendar.
• Provide support to all supervision, monitoring, evaluation teams from IFAD, third party agencies or anyone else contracted to undertake these functions for the Project.
• Coordinate with the procurement unit of the PST on undertaking contract management and monitoring compliance of Service Providers with the terms of their contracts and keep the PSU informed accordingly.
• Any other project specific tasks assigned by the project director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Has an engaging personality;
• can inspire confidence and can communicate effectively;
• Has handled senior level managerial, training and mentoring responsibilities previously.
• Familiarity with governmental functioning especially at the sub-national level and with field conditions would be an advantage.
INTERVIEW SCORE CRITERA
• QUALIFICATIONS (50)
• Education/Training – 10
• Overall Experience in Agriculture and Rural Development – 10
• Relevant Experience (Agriculture production, marketing, value chain, Institutional development, Rural Finance) - 15
• Accomplishments- 5
• Potential – 10
• CHARACTERISTICS (20)
• Achievement-oriented – 5
• Responsible/Dedicated -5
• Professionalism/Maturity – 5
• Verbal Skills – 5
• Project related questions (15)
• Knowledge of Agriculture and Rural Development issue in Afghanistan – 5
• Knowledge of project area – 5
• Knowledge of project objectives and requirements – 5
• OVERALL (15)
• OVERALL EVALUATION
a. Post graduate Degree or higher qualification in Agricultural, Agriculture. Master degree in any other field such as business administration can also be considered.
b. 7 years’ experience of which at least 5 years at senior management level relating to programmes with focus on agricultural production, marketing or business development. and rural financial services.
c. Experience in planning and implementing a large rural development programme and/or programmes aimed at reducing rural poverty with particular focus on increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of value chain, including agricultural value chains and rural financial services.
d. Demonstrated experience in ability to liaise with a wide range and levels of organizations including government, donors, private/corporate sector, NGOs, and the community institutions.
e. Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and design new approaches to programme activities.
f. Commitment to serve and travel in challenging areas.
g. Strong communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Agriculture
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (Project Manager Oct-07-18/MAIL/SNaPP-2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Officer at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||03 Mar 2019|
|National Value Chain Development Facilitator at Food and Agriculture Orga..||Nimruz||28 Feb 2019|
|National Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Unit..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Supervising Civil Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Horticultural Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Environmental Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Contract Farming Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|