Logistic Assistant(878 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the supervision Logistic Coordinator and Head Office Operation manager, the purpose of this position is to implement the logistics manual, coordinate purchasing practices, maximise savings through responsive purchasing and efficiently manage the logistic stores, transfer of goods and assets from one location to another, and maintain inventory of Afghanaid. In addition, to strengthen the procurement processes through actively engage with relevant networks of stakeholders for timely achieving the agreed department objectives.
|Date Posted:||07 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-74|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that the procedures contained within the Logistics Manual, and any other complementary procedures are fully understood and adhered to by all staff.
• Managing purchases requests from Programme Areas and departments.
• Support line Manager in development of organisational procurement plan, ensuring value for money and planning commodity schedules for project activities with programme staff- considering provided Procurement Plan.
• Organising, and undertaking local purchases.
• Overseeing the dispatch of goods to Programme Areas/field sites.
• Communicating with programme staff & senior management on the status of supplies and all other logistic issues
• Advising on the need for Purchase/Tender committee and contracts as per regulations
• To establish and maintain appropriate procurement records and systems for measuring necessary Aspects of the purchasing process pertaining to all individual purchases, authorization signatures on each received and accepted PR stating items or services purchased, costs, product quality or performance and supplier information structured and filed in a logical functional order.
• Managing the central store(s): ensuring the proper maintenance of stock and records and undertaking regular stock checks of supplies within each store.
• Reporting stock movements and maintaining a centralised stock record of all supplies in the field.
• Support line manager in corrective measures in line with organisational corrective action plan.
• To display an understanding of budgetary commitments, financial limits, agreement & ownership of Cost / split costs, keeping within budgetary limitations and have an awareness towards the chart of Accounts, able to learn and allocate actual budget codes.
• To assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement
• Practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and whole life costing.
• Provide support to field logistic team for day to day activities & help resolve field logistic related challenges
• Guide and support purchase/tender committee and contract as per Afghanaid policy.
• Proper record all transection in logistic system (Microsoft Dynamic NAV 2013 – Serenic).
• Weekly and monthly Prepares narrative, graphical and statistical reports with alternative solutions for resolving issues; prepares correspondence and other written materials.
• Recognise unusual or irregular circumstances (e.g. conflict of interest) occurring within the purchasing environment and report to relevant internal authorities.
• Undertake any other duties as and when required by line manager and/or overview manager.
Bachelor’s degree Business, Finance or related discipline.
• 2 years’ experience in logistics and procurement.
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing large procurements.
• Experience working on projects funded by major international donors.
• Strong coordination/negotiation skills specifically with the ability to convince the stakeholders.
• Proven ability to think and lead strategically, plan effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Experience in preparing well-organised reports.
• Sound understanding of international humanitarian and development work.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable compliance officer with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management, compliance and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
• Proficiency in computer software including Accounting Packages, MS Office etc.
• MS Excel knowledge, MS Dynamics NAV (knowledge desirable) and ability to slice and dice numbers using excel functions such as pivot tables/charts.
• Sensitise on organizational values i.e. professional, integrity, transparency and accountability
• Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
• Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
• Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
• A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
• Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
• Sensitivity to gender issues.
• Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
• Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
• A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
• Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
• Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by October 20, 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|National MIS Specialist – Operations at Food and Agriculture Organizati..||Kabul||26 Oct 2018|