Program Officer(1223 Views)
About Center for Civilians in Conflict
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
CIVIC is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Program Officer, Afghanistan who will be an integral part of the CIVIC country program team reporting to the Afghanistan Country Director and works closely with other staff members in Afghanistan and at HQ.
Support to Country Director in day-to-day program implementation, conducting trainings, and engage with Afghan security forces, government, community leaders, and civil society members.
Location: Kabul, Afghanistan
Travel: Up to 40% within Afghanistan
Staff Reporting: Provincial Coordinators
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2018||Reference:||003|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Engage with Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Interior, Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF);
· Conduct mid-term and or final assessment of trainees’ knowledge and processes for civilian protection, as well as ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program activities against approved plan;
· Develop and provide input on existing training materials as necessary;
· Undertake trainings and facilitation workshops with ANDSF, civil society, and community leaders as outlined in work plan;
· Support the CD in the successful implementation of activities, associated spending, and adherence to donor and CIVIC policies and procedures;
· Work with CD to develop and update detailed work plans aligned with approved program descriptions and donor expectations;
· Participate in the development and day-to-day implementation of CIVIC’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Plan, including but not limited to travel to program implementation sites;
· Contribute to the recruitment of consultants and new program team members as required;
· Provide substantive contributions to internal/external program reports, including editing and translation support;
· Identify opportunities for advocacy and trainings;
· Establish and maintain relationship with ANDSF, government officials, and civil society organizations;
· Represent CIVIC with NGO and international organizations and government stakeholders and promote effective collaborations and partnerships; and
· Perform other duties as required to further the organization’s mission and goals in Afghanistan.
B.A. in international affairs, political science, or related area; MA preferred;
· Minimum 5-7 years relevant full-time staff level work experience;
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan;
· Experience in security force training and participatory facilitation preferred;
· Knowledge about the ANDSF preferred;
· Knowledge, experience, and understanding of civilian protection issues in armed conflict and understanding of the military/civilian/humanitarian spaces;
· Proven ability to think analytically and plan strategically, including setting objectives and identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for our work;
· Knowledge of research, monitoring, and evaluation tools preferred;
· Experience in representing organizations in sensitive political and security environments;
· Knowledge of MS Word and Excel;
· Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in a fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere and as a team member;
· Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement programs in stressful environments;
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team; and
· Fluency in English and Dari/Pashto mandatory.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
If interested, please submit cover letter and resume to: below email address
*This is an immediate hire. Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis.
|More jobs in this category|
|Programme Assistant (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||05 Mar 2019|
|Career Counselor at Colombo Plan||Kabul||08 Mar 2019|
|Budget Advisor - Embedded at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Community Mobilizer at Kabul Municipality||Kabul||04 Mar 2019|
|Project Closeout Specialist at FHI 360 - USWDP Project||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|Project Management Specialist (Health) FSN-11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||26 Feb 2019|