Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist(536 Views)
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.
The objective of the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) is to improve citizens’ access to justice services based on Afghan law. ADALAT aims to increase the effectiveness and reach of the formal justice, strengthen linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and increase citizen demand for quality legal services.
ADALAT will support initiatives to increase the transparency and accountability of justice sector institutions to the increasingly-knowledgeable public they serve.
Outreach and advocacy activities will be carried out through ADALAT’s grant program, which over the life of the project will offer funding and technical support to local organizations to raise awareness of legal rights among semi-literate and illiterate Afghans in rural and low-income communities. Civil society organizations, among other entities, will be eligible for awards. Grant partners will have considerable flexibility in implementation, with ADALAT support throughout.
We are seeking one individual for a long-term position. The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialists will report to the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader in Kabul, and will assist that Team Leader in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component.
ADALAT does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, or many other characteristics. We encourage all people that have the qualifications (listed below) to apply.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2018||Reference:||129|
|Closing Date:||19 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• SUMMARY: Assist in overseeing the public outreach and advocacy component work. This typically includes informing the public of important legal issues through publications, radio and television. Much of our Advocacy and Outreach activities are accomplished through grants to civil society organizations and other organizations: this position ensures those organizations are performing their obligations of the grant.
• Assist in assessing the capacity of partner CSOs receiving public outreach and advocacy grants.
• Assist in the design of request for grant applications.
• Assist in evaluation of grant applications.
• Assist in monitoring/managing of partner CSOs/NGOs.
• Assist in providing direct technical assistance to build the administrative, advocacy and outreach capacity of partner CSOs.
• Assist in conducting participatory organization development assessments of ADALAT partner CSOs and develop action plans for the organizations’ development.
• Follow up with ADALAT partner CSOs, on the implementation of their action plans.
• Assist ADALAT partner CSOs to access resources for addressing organization capacity needs and help them to plan for and get the most out of organization capacity interventions.
• Assist in developing advocacy manual and conduct Advocacy ToT to partner CSOs.
• Assist in organizing workshops for ADALAT partner CSOs on topics such as strategic planning, communication and outreach/ advocacy and management.
• Assist in providing ADALAT partner CSOs with direct practical technical assistance according to their needs and areas of expertise.
• Support ADALAT partner CSOs in completing capacity assessment checklists.
• Travel to provinces as required.
• Perform other tasks assigned by the Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team Leader
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist must have the following minimum set of qualifications:
• University degree in Law, Journalism, Public Administration, Management or related field
• Bachelor degree with 5 years relevant experience or 7 years relevant work experience.
• Three years of experience working with the Afghan Civil Society Organizations, in particular with work related to capacity building, advocacy, outreach.
• Experience with managing grants is preferred.
• Strong writing, presentation, and training communication skills
• Fluency in Dari and/or Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please send your CV containing your cover letter that explains your suitability to the position. Please re-name your CV by your full name while sending to us.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly such " Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Building Specialist 129 " , otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|(DRR) master trainer at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|(DRR) master trainer at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Social Organizer at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||28 Oct 2018|
|Watershed coordinator at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||25 Oct 2018|
|Programme Associate (Sustainable Results) at United Nations World Food Pr..||Kandahar||28 Oct 2018|
|Project Coordinator at Afghanaid||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Social Organiser at Afghanaid||Multi Cities||31 Oct 2018|
|Judicial Training Specialist at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Senior Project Specialists (1 post - female) at PLACED/MoLSAMD||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|National Professional Officer (Programme and .. at Food and Agriculture O..||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Multiple Positions in WISE Herat at Women Integrity for Society Empowerme..||Herat||07 Nov 2018|