TAPI National Coordinator(1145 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
About TAPI Coordination Office:
The Turkmenistan- Afghanistan- Pakistan- India Natural Gas Pipeline (TAPI) project aims to export up to 33 billion cubic meters of natural gas per year through, a proposed, approximately 1,800 km pipeline from Turkmenistan to Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
The TAPI Project Office was established in 2016 and is tasked to work as a management, cooperating and coordination body between government of Afghanistan, TAPI Pipeline Company Limited (TPCL) and other stakeholders of the TAPI project.
TAPI Project Office will work closely with all stakeholders to speed-up and pave the way for better coordination of TAPI activities inside Afghanistan, and represent Afghanistan in TAPI project stakeholders’ meetings.
Moreover, the Office will serve as single source for managing, coordinating, reporting and overall cooperating with stakeholders on TAPI project related matters.
The TAPI National Coordinator is responsible for organizing and coordinating TAPI Office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency and project success and serves as key focal point for the Project at the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
|Date Posted:||08 Oct 2018||Reference:||MoMP/TAPI|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The TAPI National Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Ministry of Mine and Petroleum and Afghanistan’s team of TAPI mainly in following issues:
1) Serves as key focal point for the TAPI project management issues with Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
2) Prepares action plan for substantial improvement of the support and administrative services in the MoMP to assume a timely progress of the Project.
3) Management, supervision and control of the logistical operations of the Project on day-to-day basis in accordance to strategic plans and policies approved by the MoMP.
4) Managing the Project to ensure plans are effectively implemented, the results are monitored and reported to MoMP.
5) Familiarizes himself/herself with the relevant laws and regulation of Afghanistan and the requirements and relevant Operational Policies of the donors especially the WB.
6) Keeping the MoMP fully informed of all significant operational, financial, environmental and social issues and other matters relevant to the Project.
7) Ensures the Project has developed and implemented relevant environmental and social safeguards management documents reflecting the Afghanistan National Laws and Regulation as well as the WB relevant safeguards policies.
8) Oversees and manages the work of national and international consultants hired to prepare relevant environmental and social safeguards documents, prepares ToRs for the consultants to prepare potential ESIAs, RPF, RAP, ESMPs, GRM, Gender Awareness programs and etc.
9) Exercise appropriate delegation and take final responsibility for the quality and consistency of all documents.
10) Prepare coordination of all aspects of the relevant TAPI agreement with MoMP and relevant directorate as well as stakeholders of the Project.
11) Develop the corresponding operating plans, review and report regularly to the MoMP on the overall progress and results against operating and financial objectives and initiate courses of action for improvement.
12) Establish effective control and coordination mechanisms for all operations and activities, ensures the integrity of the internal control and management systems.
13) Liaising between all stakeholders in the GoIRA as well as external entities, as deemed necessary in the development of TAPI on behalf of GoIRA.
14) Develop and recommend the overall project organizational structure to MoMP ensuring that personnel and systems are in place so that the day to day business affairs of the project are appropriately managed.
15) Develop and recommend strategic plan to MoMP and successfully implement the corresponding annual operating plans.
16) Managing financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, initiating corrective actions.
17) Direct and monitor the activities of the project in a manner that ensures that the assets of the project are safeguarded and optimized in the interests of the entire project.
18) Develop and implement operational policies to guide MoMP within any limits prescribed by the procedure and policies.
19) Ensures that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
20) Coordinate, schedule and assist with MoMP and executive committee meetings and regularly report the project progress with achieving the project’s objective.
21) Develop action plan for social dialogue in areas where the pipeline passes.
22) Liaising between the security sectors and consultations in the security plan.
23) Collaborate with the relevant authorities in order to identify the necessary companies such as mine, buildings and etc.
24) Cooperation and coordination with relevant agencies in order to identify those eligible for studying needed fields of TAPI in respective provinces.
25) Continuous communication with Turkmengaz as consortium leader to identify problems and find solutions and make recommendations to the MoMP to solve problems.
26) Communication with local communities in the pipeline area.
27) Facilitate for registration of Afghan-TAPI Company and its structure in the future based on TAPI project leadership decision.
28) Participate on behalf of Afghanistan in technical meetings and supporting and coordinating the technical team of the sessions based on continuous interactions with the MoMP leadership.
29) Identify areas necessary for building of training centers in the pipeline route.
30) Cooperation and coordination with Afghanistan team and other TAPI member’s countries team in the areas of Afghanistan while administrative or research scale works.
31) Arrange regular awareness meetings for the Afghan people and government about the TAPI project development and coordination of media in this regard.
32) Any other duties given by supervisor.
High command in written and spoken Dari/Pashto and English languages.
Competency with MS-Office packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The candidate shall have an advanced (Master’s degree) in Law, International Economic, Business Administration, Public Administration or other related fields. Preference will be given to the candidates with higher studies.
Experience of working in related field at least 3 years (PhD’s), 5 years (Master’s) and not less than 10 years (Bachelor’s). Preference will be given to the candidates with additional years of experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Management
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address below not later than 21 / 10 / 2018 at 16:00pm. Please write in subject line: “TAPI National Coordinator, TAPI Project, MoMP”.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to the email address below not later than / / 2018 at 16:00pm. Please write in subject line: “TAPI National Coordinator, TAPI Project, MoMP”.
Attention to: Development Projects HR Unit, fourth floor, Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 790 70 18 01
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|اداره کننده شبکه at Da Afghanistan Bank||Kabul||24 Feb 2019|
|Policy and Planning Expert at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||17 Mar 2019|
|Head of Mine Risk Education Department at Directorate of Mine Action Coor..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Chief of Quality Management at Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (D..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|