National Technical Officer (HF and HIS)(989 Views)
About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
The incumbent will support HSD unit in undertaking research, assist MoPH and in building
the capacity of health workers aimed at increasing the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of the
Health Financing Department and HIS to participate in joint field visits with related departments of MoPH to monitor program delivery.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-10-33|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||3007 to 3007 USD|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Programme Manager, HSS and overall guidance of WHO Representative the incumbent will
provide technical support to MoPH (Health System Strengthening Department), Evaluation and Health
Information Directorate, and Medical Council. The incumbent will primarily focused on operational research
and Health Financing and HIS.
*Summary of Assigned Duties
(Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected)
1. Assist WHO HSD team in provision of technical guidance to MoPH on the formulation and implementation of policies, legislation, strategies, norms, standards aiming to achieve Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
2. Provide support to the implementation of health financing strategy
3. Collaborate with MoPH Health Economics and Finance Directorate on sustainable financing for health and support the preparation of national health accounts
4. Assist in increasing domestic and external resource mobilization for health
5. Represent WHO in various technical committees related to health system
6. Support the implementation of WHO biannual plan
7. Contribute to WHO program planning and reviews
8. Support Health Information System, contribute to various research/assessment related to health system and promote evidence-based decision making
9. Provide technical guidance on the implementation of national civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) strategy
10. Perform any other relevant duties assigned by HSD program manager/WR
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Describe the core, management or leadership competencies required
(See WHO competency model - list in order of priority, commencing with the most important ones.)
• Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
• Creating an empowering and motivating environment
• Producing results
• Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Thorough knowledge of principals and programs of Health System Development
• Ability to maintain a high standard of work output
• Thorough knowledge of writing proposals for donor's assistance
• Ability to communicate with large number of focal points and to provide technical advice as needed
*Essential: An advanced university degree in medicines or bachelor degree in public health and
Master of Public Health from an accredited/recognized institute
*Essential: At least 3 years of experience of working in health sector (government, NGOs, UN)
Working experience with WHO/ and other UN agencies working for health
4. Use of Language Skills
Read: Expert knowledge [Yes] Required
Write: Expert knowledge
Speak: Expert knowledge
Local language: working knowledge of Pashto and Dari
Other Skills (e.g. IT)
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Note: Contract Type (Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA))
Screening of the candidates;
Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Health/Medical
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHO-AFG-2018-10-33) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of civil, educational certificates and National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email:
|More jobs in this category|
|Grant Specialist at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|National Grant and Contracts Coordinator (HSS.. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Kabul||19 Dec 2018|
|آمريت نظارت at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||28 Dec 2018|
|Technical Consultant (Herat, Kandahar ,Zabul .. at Ministry of Public Hea..||Multi Cities||18 Dec 2018|
|سرطبیب شفاخانه at Ministry of Public Health||Takhar||31 Dec 2018|