Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist(327 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/594
Announcement Date: 09-Oct-2018 closing Date: 29- Oct -2018
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2018||Reference:||(C-920-18)|
|Closing Date:||29 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Below is a detailed description of duties and responsibilities which include following:
1. Simulate sediment in the catchment using Water Erosion Predict Project (Geo WEPP) model.
2. Assist the hydrology /River sediment team in the day-to-day management of hydrology and sediment data processing and rainfall-runoff modeling.
3. Process, analysis and hydrological modeling in particular River Basin using sediment raw data.
4. Hydrological stations network design in the River Basins.
5. Simulate climate change prediction using SimCLIME model.
6. Simulate long term data using Mann-Kendall trend test.
7. Capability of installation of automatic hydrological, meteorological and snow survey stations.
8. Simulate peak runoff in the catchment using Water Erosion Predict Project (Geo WEPP) model.
9. Have a thorough understanding of MS office package, AutoCAD, GIS, QGIS and any other filed relevant software.
10. Capability of operation and maintenance of automatic hydrology stations.
11. Analysis and predict future climate change impacts on air temperature and precipitation.
12. Analyses climate change scenario.
13. Most effective way to gap filling the missing hydrological data.
14. Run the Data integration and Analysis System(DIAS)
15. Connect automatic hydrological stations sensors to satellite.
• Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree in Civil engineering/ environmental engineering/ water resources engineering and management hydrological modeling.
Master’s Degree holder will be highly preferred.
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience.
• Have good analytic and reporting skills.
• Be able to present complex technical problems in clear manners.
• Having experience of working with national and international organization.
• Be able to deliver on given tasks on time.
• Knowledge and experience of the necessary internal and external meetings and presentation at local and international conference.
• Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer trainings related to water- related models to other staff of Ministry of Energy and Water(MEW) and give presentation and seminars internally and other stakeholders.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of IRDP under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
Ahadi.firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Engineering Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Structural Engineer at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Proposal Writer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Cost Estimation Engineer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|