M&E Officer(687 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2018||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/129|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the selection process of the project areas and sites
• Selection of farmers for baseline data collection
• Data compilation, cleaning/validation and entry in to data base
• Design, in cooperation with the team members, a M&E system for progress, effect and impact monitoring
• Coordinate with the other team members for the data collection to develop a proper M&E system
• Collection of Mid-term evaluation data, compilation, validation and entry in PMIS, analyze and reporting against baseline
• Collection of impact evaluation data and analyze it
• Collect, in cooperation with the other team members, the basic data required for the estimation of the financial feasibility of the proposed interventions, analyze the financial feasibility of the proposed interventions
• Project completion report
• Monitoring of irrigation scheme under construction
• Internal monitoring project stuff
• Properly document the in-kind contribution by the Irrigation Association in the actual physical/rehabilitation work of the watercourse
• Work closely with the M&E firm in his/her respective duty station
• Report the proposed M&E System, the collected data as well as financial analysis as part of the survey reports
• Prepare a first year plan of operations for M&E data collection
• Perform any other task assigned by Area Team leader/M&E Specialist
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in M&E in irrigated agriculture
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial feasibility analysis
• Ability to use personal computers and related software
• Ability to express ideas concisely and clearly preferably in both English and Pashtu/Dari
• Writing skills and demonstrated ability to develop written reports and action plans in both in English and Dari
• Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Considerable experience and demonstrated ability to serve the public in a courteous and professional manner
• Bachelor degree in (Agriculture, Agriculture Economic, Economics and Business Administration)
• Four years of relevant experience in relevant field with national and/or international organizations.
• Two years of experience with Master Degree
• Major achievement in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements.
Afghanistan - Herat: PROVINCIAL CENTER (HERAT)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/129 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
|More jobs in this category|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Manager at DACAAR||Kabul||05 Nov 2018|
|M & E Officer (Monitoring & Evaluation Office.. at ATVI||Kabul||26 Oct 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|