Admin Finance Officer(1133 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2018||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/130|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Admin/Finance Officer shall manage administrative and financial activities of the project. This support will include but not limited to:
• Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, personnel and financial support required to the project, ensuring that appropriate control reporting structure are maintained in accordance with OFWM/MAIL Rules and Regulations.
• Provide guidance and direction to the PM, Senior Admin/ Logistic Officer and Finance Managers and Consult on administrative, logistics, budgeting and other financial management issues.
• Participate in and support preparation of annual work plans and budgets.
• Coordinate with the procurement unit of goods, works and services in accordance with WB Guidelines for Procurement.
• Participate in development of, and monitor use of core budget project funds following sound accounting, budgeting, and financial control and audit procedures acceptable to WB.
• Prepare withdrawal applications and maintain disbursement records;
• Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to human resources including annual leaves etc.
• Manage and oversee activities related to logistical support for the Program and maintaining liaison with government offices and the executing agencies.
• Coordinate the asset inventory process, including procurement.
• Performs quarter inventory count and reconciliation in coordination with IT and logistics staff
• Reports to admin/logistics manager to resolve discrepancies.
• Keeps proper record of standard inventory (cost, prices, quantity, handovers and takeovers).
• To undertake other duties as requested by core team supervisor/regional manager
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
This position requires Bachelor degree in Finance & accounting, Business Administration, economics is preferred.
4 years of relevant experience is required. Fluency in Pashto/Dari and English languages is must.
Computer skills, including extensive experience using Microsoft Word and Excel. Internet and e-mail skills required
Afghanistan - Balkh: PROVINCIAL CENTER (MAZAR SHARIF)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
Interested Afghans with the required qualifications and experience should submit their CV's with covering letter explaining how you meet the required competencies electronically through submission e-mail or should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the Reference No of the position) to: Human Resources Department, On-Farm Water Management Project, MAIL, Pamir Building 7th floor.
Kindly make sure to write the reference number of the position in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
The Subject line should be ( MAIL/OFWMP/130 )
Note: The necessity for ensuring the highest standards of efficiency, competence and integrity remain the paramount considerations in the employment of personnel. In the interests of open and fair competition and a merit based selection process applicants are advised that lobbying for a position , whether by the applicant or by any person acting on his or her behalf, shall result in the immediate disqualification of the candidate from further consideration. And to ensure fairness and transparency, selection will be made on a competitive basis through a selection panel.
Note: OFWMP is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualified female candidate will be given preference.
|More jobs in this category|
|Extension officer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Herat||21 Dec 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||25 Dec 2018|
|Agribusiness Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|Horticulture Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|