Research Officer(854 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 50 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Badakhshan, Balkh, Bamyan, Ghor, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Logar, Nangarhar, Parwan, Panjshir, Samangan, and Wardak.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
The research officer will be responsible to provide support in technical, administrative, logistics and other areas where needed.
|Date Posted:||09 Oct 2018||Reference:||045/18|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Design of the research and administration
• Prepare detailed project work plan in cooperation with the Project Lead;
• Collect and provide information on research related projects, laws, rules and principles.
• Design research instruments and tools according to the project standard and guidelines;
• Train field staffs according to the project standard and guidelines provided by Integrity Watch;
2. Conducting of the research
• Organize Key Informant Interviews, In-depth Interviews and Focus Group Discussions and transcribe its audio sounds.
• Conduct the research based on the methodology and guidance of the research Manger;
• Manage the overall activities of the project from the beginning up to the final end, including data collection, entry, analyzing the data and report writing.
• Identify and collect literature on the project and legal gaps, reports, policies and procedures.
• Collect data (qualitative and quantitative) from the sampled areas and locations of the project.
• Carry out comprehensive desk review of collected materials, documents and reports
• Carry out interviews and meetings to implement the project methodology
3. Write up of the research
• Transcribe all qualitative data (KIIs, IDIs, and Focus groups interviews sounds, notes) or other forms of the materials.
• Translate research related documents including transcripts from local languages to English and vice versa.
• Write short data collection report and daily, weekly and monthly progress reports of his/her activities.
• Write up inception reports and policy notes.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Good knowledge of the anti-corruption, transparency and accountability, social auditing and access to information;
• Constructive attitude and ability to approach work with positive energy;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and can deliver on agreed timelines;
• Demonstrate high level of integrity;
• Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and team player;
• Ability to think and work logically and work precisely with attention to detail;
• Ability to write clearly and concisely;
• Excellent computer skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The successful candidate will possess some or all of the following characteristics:
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Pashto and Dari.
• Master Degree in Law and Political Science
• At least 3-5 years’ experience working in the field of research, social science or management
• Proven interest in issues of justice, integrity and anti-corruptions in governance in Afghanistan;
• In-depth understanding of the social survey research, data collection, and field management.
• Ability to recruit, train, monitor and control field staff
• Knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, and Excel;
• Experience in program management and logistics;
• Punctuality, intellectual curiosity, willingness to take initiative, multi-tasking, and willingness to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
• Ability to travel to the provinces, districts and villages level;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: In the e-mail subject line please write “Research Officer and your name.
1. Rename your CVs as per your email subject;
2. Emails without proper subject name will not be considered for the shortlist;
The deadline for applications is 18 October, 2018. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Researcher / City University Project - Afghan.. at Samuel Hall||Kabul||15 Mar 2019|