Legal Case Analyst(610 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
In the context of the Supporting Access to Justice in Afghanistan Project (SAJA), the Elimination of Violence Against Women (EVAW) component will provide technical and expert support to the Attorney-General’s Office (AGO) and the Ministry of Women’s Affairs Directorate (DOWA) in select provinces.
Reporting to the Legal Specialist, the Legal Case Analyst will provide coaching to staff of in-service training departments and directorates at partner justice institutions with the aim to improve their capacity to plan and implement legal training for justice professionals, with a specific focus on Elimination of Violence Against Women.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/24/2018|
|Closing Date:||23 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Legal training facilitation and mentoring;
• Facilitate skills training on assessed needs of relevant staff at partner justice institutions, under the supervision of the Legal Specialist;
• Engage with and support partner justice institutions in the execution of legal training plans on subjects related to the EVAW in line with their vision, training goals, agreed targets and program workplan and strategy;
• Support and participate in consultations, meetings, working groups and committees on legal capacity development related issues;
• Foster partner justice institutions’ inter-departmental cooperation and communication on legal capacity development related issues to support effective resourcing of legal training programs and to demonstrate the value of a well-functioning training structure;
• Provide case specific legal and related advice and mentoring, under the supervision of the Legal Specialist;
• Develop written weekly and quarterly reports of activities;
• Develop monthly progress on work plan implementation as well as other reports or information requested;
3. Legal case handling
• Provide information, assistance, and support to GIRoA staff (AGO and MoWA) by coordinating support for victims and witnesses in violence against women cases through the Victim Witness Assistance Project.
• Mentoring GIRoA staff (AGO and MoWA) on how to explain to VAW victims and witnesses the functions and role of the Victim Witness Assistance Project; prosecution and courtroom procedures.
• Train GIRoA staff (AGO and MoWA) on how to provide and track referrals to crisis intervention services for medical, mental health and social services as well as legal referrals.
• Coach GIRoA staff (AGO and MoWA) on how to initiate, respond in-person by either telephone or in writing with victims and witnesses in order to provide factual, accurate and timely case related information.
• Coordinate victim and witness management at each prosecution stage in collaboration with MoWA/DoWA and AGO EVAW prosecutors.
• Organize and facilitate in collaboration with the AGO and MoWA/DoWAs GBV stake-holder’s monthly coordination meetings.
• Assist GIRoA staff (AGO and MoWA) with maintaining files and online VAW statistics for clients of the VWAP.
• Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
• Extensive knowledge of Afghanistan’s criminal justice system procedures and process.
• Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of software and the internet.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
• University degree in Shari’a Law or LLB degree, LLM would be an asset.
• Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience.
• Professional experience as a legal practitioner in criminal law as either a judge, prosecutor or lawyer, or a similar position within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization.
• Knowledge of Dari and Arabic would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please submit your Application to the email provided, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (Legal Case Analyst) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/SAJA/24/2018) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Case Analyst at IDLO||Bamian||23 Oct 2018|
|Senior Lawyer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||08 Nov 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|