Research & Communication Manager(956 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Development Finance Institutions (DFI) in Afghanistan. It was established in 2005 by the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA), microfinance practitioners and other stakeholders. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
AMA branded itself as an association that promotes the broader development finance sector in Afghanistan.
AMA has been one of the founders and member of the South Asian Micro-entrepreneur Network (SAMN) since 2009. AMA was elected as the Chairman of SAMN in March 2018. In 2012, AMA also became a member of the Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network based in the USA.
AMA supports its members with a strong portfolio of demand-driven services under its four main functions; Lobbying & Advocacy, Knowledge Management, Coordination & Networking, and Capacity Building.
Job Title: Research & Communication Manager
Duty Station: AMA Head Office – Kabul
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: According to the NTA salary scale
Age: 25-45 years
Organization Name: Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Contract Duration: One year with three months probationary – possibility of extension
Post Date: 10 October 2018
Expiration Date: 27 October 2018
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||10102018|
|Closing Date:||27 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Data collection and dissemination:
• Develop formats based on the best international practices and disclosure norms to collect members and stakeholders data.
• Educate members on AMA data collection formats and work closely with them to build internal reporting systems that capture these data points accurately.
• Work closely with members to timely collect and verify data as per the formats.
• Review and validate the data to ensure compliance with the standards.
• Collect, analyze and report Afghanistan data to its affiliates at national and international levels at different time intervals.
• Prepare presentations on AMA and sector overview for different events such as general assembly, coordination meetings, awareness meetings, etc.
• Manage and update the AMA website, online applications, contact database, and members’ information directory.
• Make sure that the staff referral database is updated with new information and used by AMA members.
• Ensure appropriate media coverage (print and electronic) in the microfinance sector.
• Review and edit weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports drafted by the PIC officer for different donors and submit.
• Write/review the minutes of the meetings organized at AMA or outside.
Research & Publication:
• Develop content and design the publications: MicroView Report, Annual Report, Magazine, State of the Sector Report, E-Newsletter, Press Release, Success Stories, Information Booklets and etc.
• Conduct researches/surveys: collect and analyze data, prepare report, design publication, and publish.
• Make sure that the AMA visibility materials such as brochures, ad-hoc publications, banners, etc. are well prepared and designed by PIC Officer.
• Validate data provided by the members and stakeholders for the MicroView and State of the Sector reports.
• Overview the member organizations utilization process of the Public Credit Registry (PCR) and provide necessary supports.
• Represent AMA in relevant meetings, forums, working groups etc. as deemed necessary.
• Responsible for overall office IT and electronics.
• Manage daily tasks of subordinate staff.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Education: At least Bachelor degree in relevant field, Master degree will be an advantage.
• Experience: At least three years of relevant working experience in the field of communication, research or IT. Microfinance or banking experience will be an advantage. Working experience in management position will be preferred.
• Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local languages.
• Computer: Good IT skills, graphic designing, MS Office.
• Personal qualification: Quick learner, talented, energetic, and active individual with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to submission email, include the Job Title in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|National Communication & Knowledge Management.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|