Metal Work Instructor (استاد فلزکاری)(792 Views)
Afghanistan Technical Vocational Institute is one of the leading educational organizations which has been established in the year of 2007 for enriching of talents and capacity building in the sector of technical education. There are five departments; ICT department, Construction department, Business management department, Horticulture department and Automotive department, which are providing valuable labor force in the market.
ATVI has a partnership with WHH (Welthhungerlilfe) to support self-determination and democracy, based on the realization of human rights. ATVI-WHH see the motivation, resourcefulness and committed co-operation of those who suffer hunger and poverty as the fundamental basis of their practical work.
Under general supervision the Welding Instructor will perform a variety of routine duties, as needed, to teach structural fabricating, repair and maintenance, MIG, TIG, and ARC, 0XY/ACE welding and cutting and plasma cutting. Welding involves permanently joining pieces of metals, a technique used in construction and manufacturing.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||WHH-ATVI-1-01|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. ¨ Prepares performance-based objectives and outlines for course of study following curriculum guidelines and requirements of the school, State and Federal initiatives; meets State and local
2. ¨ Develops annual goals for program improvement; revise and update program curriculum
using performance based open entry/open exit individualized curriculum materials, as
3. ¨ Organizes program of practical and technical instruction, including demonstrations of skills
required in welding professions, and lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology;
prepares outline of instructional programs and studies and assembles materials to be
presented; reviews with supervisor, as needed.
4. ¨ Instructs students in subject areas, i.e., use, maintenance, and the safe operation of tools and
equipment, codes or regulations related to the welding program.
5. ¨ Instructs students in the importance of accuracy, neatness, efficiency, resourcefulness and
good work habits in obtaining employment in industries that depend on welding to build their
6. ¨ Initiates purchase requisitions for supplies, materials, and equipment following ATVI procurement policies and procedures; ensures preventive maintenance program for equipment is in place.
7. ¨ Assigns lesson to students and corrects homework; administers tests to evaluate achievement
of students in technical knowledge and practical skills; records results, and issues reports to
students, school and to parents.
8. ¨ Keeps records of daily attendance and student progress;
9. ¨ Confers with team leader, team members, i.e., enrichment instructor, counselor, job
developer, etc. to obtain additional information and to gain insight on student behavioral
disorders affecting the learning processes.
10. ¨ Designs with team leader and team members special help programs for low achievers,
encouraging parent-teacher cooperation.
11. ¨ Presents subject matter to students, utilizing a variety of methods and techniques, such as
lectures, discussions, or demonstrations; ensures use of classroom time is organized and that
instruction and clean-up can be accomplished within the allotted time.
12. ¨ Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce
learning concepts; responds to basic student questions; may initiate study groups in
preparation for exams.
13. ¨ Enforces classroom protocols, rules and regulations; maintains classroom discipline; utilizes
effective classroom management techniques.
14. ¨ Maintains a clean and orderly classroom and lab area; ensures that waste and byproducts are
15. ¨ Provides feedback to supervisor and co-workers regarding student progress and/or
comprehension of course content.
16. ¨ Assists students to develop and implement effective study skills, practices and techniques.
17. ¨ Assists students to develop and complete resumes, applications for employment, cover letters, etc.
18. ¨ Develops and implements record keeping procedures that ensure proper documentation of
action plans for success per requirements of supervisor; keeps and reports data required by
funding agencies, i.e., attendance, progress, and competency based data for each student.
19. ¨ Ensures confidentiality of all program records and student information.
20. ¨ Develops and maintains an active program advisory committee; provides documentation of
meetings, i.e., attendance reports and minutes of each meeting
1. methodologies, the developmental process, competency-based curricula, and general
classroom and lab practices.
2. Possesses good organizational skills; knowledge of record keeping procedures, including the
3. ability to collect and organize data and information.
4. Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures, including applicable
computer operations and software, i.e., Microsoft Office Suites, student record programs.
5. Ability to establish and maintain appropriate level of authority as well as creating an
atmosphere of support and confidence for students.
6. Possesses effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to develop effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, parents and students and the general public.
8. Ability to work independently and to manage work assignments in a highly interpersonal
9. Ability to deal effectively with stress caused by workload, deadlines, and situations as they occur.
10. Must be tactful, have good interpersonal skills and sound judgment
Bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited university or college in Industrial Arts or
Industrial Technology Education.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter and contact details, not later than 20/10/2018 to the email bellow. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER (“WHH-ATVI-1-01) & JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Only short listed candidates will be informed.
Or: Submit the Hard Copies of Resumes / CV's to the address below:
Human Resources Dep't of Afghanistan Technical Vocational Institute (ATVI), Institute of Technology Compound, Next to ministry of Higher Education, Kart-e-char, Kabul- Afghanistan.
Contact: (+93) 0782 8595 02
|More jobs in this category|
|Scheduler and Planning Engineer at SWC Construction||Kabul||30 Mar 2019|
|آمریت پایه سازی - پلخمری at DABS||Baghlan||20 Feb 2019|
|انجنیر تعمیرات - کابل برش.. at DABS||Kabul||18 Feb 2019|
|آشپز at Kabul World Wide Road and Construction Company||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Project Manager at DABS||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|