Plumbing Instructor (استاد نلدوانی)(649 Views)
Afghanistan Technical Vocational Institute is one of the leading educational organizations which has been established in the year of 2007 for enriching of talents and capacity building in the sector of technical education. There are five departments; ICT department, Construction department, Business management department, Horticulture department and Automotive department, which are providing valuable labor force in the market.
ATVI has a partnership with WHH (Welthhungerlilfe) to support self-determination and democracy, based on the realization of human rights. ATVI-WHH see the motivation, resourcefulness and committed co-operation of those who suffer hunger and poverty as the fundamental basis of their practical work.
Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||WHH-ATVI-1-03|
|Closing Date:||20 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
2) Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
3) Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
4) Prepare written work cost estimates and negotiate contracts.
5) Study building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
6) Keep records of assignments and produce detailed work reports.
7) Perform complex calculations and planning for special or very large jobs.
8) Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
9) Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
10) Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers and water heaters, and fixtures such as sinks and toilets, using hand and power tools.
11) Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes and pipe fittings, using hand and power tools.
12) Hang steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place.
13) Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
14) Direct workers engaged in pipe cutting and preassembly and installation of plumbing systems and components.
15) Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
16) Clear away debris in a renovation.
17) Install oxygen and medical gas in hospitals.
18) Use specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as performing computer-assisted welding of small pipes, or working with the special piping used in microchip fabrication.
• Bachelor’s Degree from one of the recognized universities, or equivalent experience
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Construction
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a detailed application letter and contact details, not later than 20/10/2018 to the email bellow. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER (“WHH-ATVI-1-03) & JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Only short listed candidates will be informed.
Or: Submit the Hard Copies of Resumes / CV's to the address below:
Human Resources Dep't of Afghanistan Technical Vocational Institute (ATVI), Institute of Technology Compound, Next to ministry of Higher Education, Kart-e-char, Kabul- Afghanistan.
Contact: (+93) 0782 8595 02
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!