Student Recruitment Officer(725 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Admissions Department is seeking two qualified candidates for the full-time position as Student Recruitment Officer based in Kabul.
The Student Recruitment Officer is an integral member of the Admission Team at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) and is responsible for recruitment of students for the university’s Undergraduate, Graduate and the Academy Programs. The incumbent is also responsible for formulating and coordinating the university’s student recruitment policy, active engagement with schools, learning centers, and potential business partners to identify opportunities for developing closer working relationships and partnerships to meet the university’s overall student enrollment goals.
Key outcomes include:
• Identifying new and creative venues for student recruitment.
• Developing creative student recruitment strategies to increase the number of full-time students, including recruitment in provinces.
• Building effective partnerships with high schools, businesses, learning centers and partner organizations to enhance the university’s standing.
• Implementing creative on and off-campus programs to engage perspective students and families.
|Date Posted:||10 Oct 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Student Recruitment Officer’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Draft, formulate and implement a comprehensive Student Recruitment Plan to meet the recruitment target for the university’s Undergraduate, Graduate and the Academy Programs.
• Attend meetings and deliver presentations to potential business partners and donors about the university’s admission procedures, scholarship and financial aid policies and opportunities.
• Assist the admission and recruitment team in developing innovative student recruitment strategies and enrollment plans to attract and enroll more students with particular emphasis on female and provincial recruitment.
• Organize, manage and participate in all recruitment events, open houses, school fairs, information sessions, educational expos, school visits& tours and off-campus events for the purpose of student recruitment.
• Build strong contact with like-minded partner organizations in Kabul and provinces to actively organize campus tours, information sessions and community engagement events for the purpose of student recruitment.
• Build strong working relationships with key ministries and government departments such as Ministry of Education, Departments of Education and LLCs and learning centers in provinces to attract students for the university’s programs.
• Organize regular visual and in-person meetings and chats with students in districts in Kabul and provinces to provide them information about the university’s educational programs, scholarships and financial aid opportunities.
• Continually visit private and public high schools in Kabul and observe key dates to launch the university’s student recruitment campaigns and testing.
• Propose and maintain an accurate data system to store and effectively analyze the data for the university’s senior management for effective decision-making regarding enrollment targets, financial aid allocation and future strategic plans.
• Build and maintain strong relationship with the university’s various departments, faculty and alumni to utilize their resources for the purpose of student recruitment.
• Develop effective marketing strategy for the university programs, including website, mailings, on and off-campus events, profile building, campaigns through various communication means.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• Excellent communications, marketing and presentation skills.
• Customer services skills and experiences
• problem solving and decision making
• The capacity to work in partnership with colleagues and clients in identifying opportunities, developing responses and solutions.
• Data management and reporting skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or relevant field.
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience.
• English language proficiency in writing, reading and speaking.
• Ability to speak and understand the national languages
• Strong data management and reporting skills.
• Able to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, good problem solving abilities, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Trustworthy and good understanding of handling sensitive materials and information.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Student Recruitment Officer” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before October 25th, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|General Services Clerk at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer - اداری at Voice of Humanitarian Coordinatio..||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|