(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW(504 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Responsibility for management and operation of the electricity system rests with Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), the national electricity utility. Until 2009, DABS was a department of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW). DABS’s corporatization has been accompanied by a strong program of commercialization supported by the World Bank and more recently by USAID. DABS are responsible for the installed domestic generation capacity, including about 230MW of hydropower and with it Naghlu Hydropower Plant, although only about 138MW is currently in service.
DABS World Bank funded projects Unit currently handling four projects namely:
1. Naghlu Hydropower Rehabilitation Projects (NHRP)
2. The Central Asia-South Asia power project,(CASA1000)
3. DABS Planning and Capacity Support Project (DPCSP)
4. Herat Electrification Project
The CASA 1000 Project will finance the following components:
(i) Component A. Construction of High Voltage Transmission Infrastructure. Component A consists of four subcomponents:
Sub-component A1. High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) Transmission Line which involves the construction of approximately 750 km of 500 kV HVDC overhead transmission line with capacity of 1,300 MW to interconnect the electricity network of Tajikistan, at the Sangtuda substation (s/s), going through Afghanistan to connect with the Pakistan network, at the Nowshera substation.
Sub-Component A2. HVDC Converter Stations which involve the engineering design, construction, and commissioning of two High Voltage Alternating Current (HVAC) to Direct Current (DC) converter stations at Sangtuda s/s (1,300 MW) in Tajikistan and Nowshera s/s (1,300 MW) in Pakistan.
Sub-component A3. Kyrgyz-Tajik HVAC Transmission Interconnection which includes the construction of about 475 km of 500 kV HVAC overhead transmission line to interconnect the electricity network of the Kyrgyz Republic, at Datka s/s, with the Tajikistan network, at the Khudjand s/s. About 450 km of the line will be in the Kyrgyz Republic and 25 km in Tajikistan.
Sub-component A4. Tajikistan grid reinforcement which includes reinforcements in Tajikistan including construction of 500 kV line from Regar s/s to Sangtuda s/s and other parts of the network necessary to ensure transfer of Tajikistan and Kyrgyz export power to Sangtuda HVDC station. (Note: This section is not included in the scope of the DC Owner Engineer).
(ii) Component B. Technical Assistance and Project Implementation Support. The component provides support for project implementation and technical assistance for the four countries, IGC and the Secretariat.
(iii) Component C. Community Support Programs. The Component will develop and implement CSPs in each of four countries during project construction period to create a more supportive environment for project implementation by improving livelihood among approximately 670 communities living along the CASA-1000 corridor.
|Date Posted:||13 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0364|
|Closing Date:||25 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
CASA-1000 Project Focal Point for MEW will be based in Ministry of Energy and Water and work under the direct supervision of the Deputy Minister of Energy (Ministry of Energy and Water) and act as a deputy head of Joint Working Group (JWG) on behalf of MEW for the project and his duties and responsibilities will be as below:
• Develop and maintain a detailed projects’ schedule of all tasks involved in the project For Minister and Deputy Minister of Energy
• Provide insight and guidance for the MEW authorities in collaboration with DABS, PIU and CASA-1000 Secretariat in preparations of relevant documents and contracts for the meetings.
• Closely Work with main project implementer i.e. DABS and other project stakeholders such as Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economy, and Ministry of Interior to make sure that the proper coordination is maintained between MEW and these other government departments in implementation stage.
• Represent the GoA delegation as and when necessary and when entrusted with such authority in Working Group Levels.
• Shall work with DABS, MEW and other stakeholders to develop security plan in implementation stage of the project along the route.
• Organize and establish meetings on regular basis with designated individuals and groups to foster positive relationships.
• Represent MEW in PC and other meetings as authorized by MEW.
• Assist in the development of short and long term plans and programs for MEW authorities in implementation stage
• Shall arrange regular Video-Conference with various stake-holders.
• Prepare monthly progress reports & briefs of the project related activities to the IGC members of Afghanistan.
• Coordinate on behalf of MEW with DABS, MRRD and other stake holder departments and institutions in the Community Support Program.
• Make sure that Host Government Agreement (a document outlining responsibilities of Government Departments in Implementation Stage) is implemented in the best possible manner in implementation stage.
• Travel to project member countries and any other places as and whenever needed.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Reporting and Coordination
• Prepare Project Progress Reports.
• Prepare Annual Plan for the Program. Inter-agency and inter-project coordination.
• Official point of contact for related issues of CASA1000 in Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW).
• Official point of contact for coordination with MRRD for related issues of CASA CSP in Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW).
• Any other tasks related to the duty.
• Reporting to Team Leader of CASA 1000 Project in DABS and Deputy Minister of Energy in particular
Background and Experience: The Project focal Point for MEW for CASA 1000 shall be an independent professional with extensive experience of intern-ministerial cooperation, and with excellent reporting skills. Experience should include activities demonstrating the skills of coordinating the work of similar projects. At least five (5) years of relevant experience in coordination is essential with demonstrated understanding of Government of Afghanistan’s Laws with respect to legal, institutional, contractual and financial issues and processes. The candidate shall have prior experience in Power Infrastructure Projects or Donor Funded Project. The Consultant should have preferably knowledge and or experience in procurement. HE/She Must have demonstrated ability of leadership and inter-personal skills. Ability to work in a team. The incumbent must be able to develop plans and programs and establish mechanisms for implementation of plans.
• Adequate knowledge of governmental and world bank procedure and regulations
• Adequate interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good working knowledge and practical experience of projects
• Professional written and verbal English and Pashto/Dari communication.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build working relations and engage with project related stakeholders
Education: The Project Focal Point in MEW for CASA1000 shall have Bachelor Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Social Science, Engineering or any other disciplines with at least five (5) years of relevant experience. A master’s degree will be advantageous.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer at Voice of Humanitarian Coordination||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||21 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|