Accounts Receivable Assistant(812 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its Accounts Receivable Assistant position.
The incumbent is responsible to perform the account receivable of the Afghan Telecom including review and check of the financial documents, preparation of the receipt vouchers, recording vouchers into the financial management system and preparation of the desired financial worksheet and reports.
|Date Posted:||13 Oct 2018||Reference:||026|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The account receivable assistant is responsible to undertake the daily duties of the account receivable section. The duties may include:
1. Responsible to check and review the financial documents for all deposits into the AFTEL accounts at the head office.
2. Prepare receipt vouchers for all deposits to the AFTEL accounts and secure their approval.
3. Prepare adjustment journal entry vouchers for all correcting entries of the account receivable section.
4. Review the accounts sub ledgers and speed up the process of collection for all receivables.
5. Conduct an audit of the official receipts and match the issued receipts with the cashier’s books. Advise the management in case of any discrepancy
6. Contact the bills payment defaulters and keep the aging track of the outstanding bills.
7. Keeping a check on monthly receivables activity while making sure that that billing, collection, and reporting activities are carried out per specified dates.
8. Looking into and researching customer account details, which include non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
9. Creating an appropriate communication system that reminds the customer about payment without offending them.
10. The communication can make use of telephone calls, post mail, email, and so on.
11. Preparation of Monthly reports of Receivables & Collection
12. keeping an up-to-date billing system since inaccuracies result in collection errors
13. Preparing Monthly Invoices for various Government & Non-Government Organizations for both Head Quarter & Regions.
15. Daily Check up of all Bank Accounts for any Receivables
16. Follow up on sending invoices to subscribers and receipt of payments against the invoices.
17. Any other assignment pertinent to the job and given by the supervisor
• Strong math, typing, and computer skill, especially with bookkeeping software.
• Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
• High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments
• Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 2 years of work experience is required in the related field
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV. Kindly mention the vacancy number (026) - Account Receivable Assistant in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Afghan Professional Manager at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|