Account Payable Assistant(834 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its Accounts Payable Assistant position.
The incumbent is responsible to perform the account payable duties of the Afghan Telecom including review and check of the financial documents, preparation of vouchers, recording vouchers into the financial management system and preparation of the desired financial worksheet and reports.
|Date Posted:||13 Oct 2018||Reference:||027|
|Closing Date:||22 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The account payable Assistant is responsible to undertake the daily account payable services and perform all the duties of the account payable section. The duties may include:
1. Review the claims and prepare Check payment vouchers for all claims submitted to finance
2. Prepare adjustment journal entry vouchers for all the correcting entries as well as month end entries.
3. Record all check vouchers in the financial management system.
4. Recording all Expenses & Liabilities of Head Quarter & Regions in General Vouchers in Tally System
5. Keeping Proper record of all Advances to employees & pursuing the employees on time clearance of their advances
6. Preparation of Monthly reports of Advances, Expenses & Liabilities of the organization.
7. Proper Management of Prepaid Expenses & regular reviewing it for adjustments.
8. Recording of all Teleshop & BTS Expenses In the End of each month
9. Recording & reviewing the salary transactions in system.
10. Provide day to day support to the Payable Manager and other account payable staff members
11. Be gender sensitive and institutionalize organizational values at the work place and the daily activities.
12. Maintain good relations with all department and individuals and be a team player.
13. Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested; help plan for and implement job-related training and development activities for assigned staff, as needed.
14. Checking out Bank Statements and Reporting to Accounts Payable Manager on Daily Basis
15. Responsible for all Advance Payments of All Staffs & their Clearances.
16. Preparing Payment Vouchers for all the claims (Advances for employees, Payment to suppliers, and payment to sundry creditors) submitted to the Account Department
17. Receiving all direct and advance Payments from Procurement Department.
18. Recording Salaries Expenses, liabilities & payments in Tally System of HQ & Regions on Monthly basis
19. Preparation of Summaries of all Regional Expenditures which are recorded in Tally on Monthly basis.
20. Calculation of Fuel Expenses of the Regions in Excel for Payment purposes.
21. Reviewing the Accounts for all adjustments required in Tally especially for Accruals & Prepaid Expenses.
22. Entering of Depreciation expenses on monthly basis, as report received from Inventory officer.
23. Responsible to review Bank Receipts, Bank Payment Vouchers, and other related financial documents which handed to Finance Department on daily or monthly basis.
24. Properly filing the Documents & storing them in safe location as per Afghan Telecom Procedure
25. Perform other duties as necessary and/or as requested.
• Strong math, typing, and computer skill, especially with bookkeeping software.
• Excellent communication, research, problem solving, and time management skills.
• High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments
• Some experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• 2 years of work experience is required in the related field
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV. Kindly mention the vacancy number (027) - Account Payable Assistant in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Specialist at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Business Development Trainer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|SME Operation Officer/BDSP at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|Re - ( معاونیت مالی واداری .. at DABS||Helmand||14 Dec 2019|
|Senior Business Development Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Khost||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Kandahar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Nangarhar||17 Dec 2018|
|Regional Enterprise Development (ED) Program .. at WEE-RDP/MRRD:||Herat||17 Dec 2018|
|Afghan Professional Manager at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|Business Development & Marketing Manager at Safi Engineering Services||Kabul||29 Dec 2018|