Gender manager(1187 Views)
About Roots of Peace
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization whose mission is to rid the world of landmines and other remnants of war by transforming toxic minefields into thriving farmland and communities through a focus on sustainable, organic farming practices. Roots of Peace is implementing the Commercial Horticulture & Agricultural Marketing Program (CHAMP) in Afghanistan for USAID, along with two smaller programs. CHAMP is has received an extension from USAID to implement a program along the lines described below.
CHAMP Project Description
Under this three-year extension, CHAMP will provide focused attention to supply chains, marketing, and export promotion of Afghan fruits, nuts, vegetables and other high market value crops to international markets. CHAMP will continue to provide support to traders and the CHAMP trade offices established in New Delhi, India and Dubai, UAE to promote Afghan agricultural products and boost their export from Afghanistan. CHAMP will expand its current focus from post-harvest handling and marketing of almonds, grapes, apples, pomegranates, melons and apricots to include other high value agricultural products such as saffron, vegetables, walnuts, pistachio, cherries and others. CHAMP will help Afghan traders and agribusinesses export high value crops to wholesale markets and supermarkets in the region by focusing on two major components: 1) Supply Chain Improvement and 2) Export Market Development to strengthen commercial horticultural exports from Afghanistan. CHAMP will develop a professional marketing program to promote exports and build the branding and demand for Afghan products in key international markets. As part of trade facilitation services and export promotion, CHAMP will work with participating traders, relevant government & non-government institutions, and other donor projects to provide assistance with trade credit, quality & safety improvement, food safety trainings, compliance with international markets standards, and packaging improvement. CHAMP will also enhance the capacity of local packaging manufacturers and freight and logistics facilitators to promote agricultural exports from Afghanistan.
Gender manager will lead CHAMP gender team to integrate women in processing, post- harvest management and marketing, with a particular focus on women owned or operated businesses so that they can produce quality horticultural processed products for promising domestic and international markets.
The Gender Manager maintains a network with colleagues from different aid Agencies, Government officials, and civil society.
|Date Posted:||16 Oct 2018||Reference:||ROP 12|
|Closing Date:||28 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Consult with stakeholders on key gender issues and opportunities to advance women’s economic empowerment in the CHAMP target areas.
Oversee the development and implementation of a gender equity and social inclusion strategy, to effectively empower women within all CHAMP activities
Assist small processors with the design of new processing facilities, development of new fruit and vegetable preservation processes and formulation of new products.
Improved post-harvest handling for high paying markets, including sorting, grading and packaging of fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts;
Assisting women-owned agribusinesses in exploring profitable markets for their products domestically and internationally.
Collate and analyze data related to food quality and safety, formulate control measures to reduce commodity losses and improve food quality and safety.
To ensure that CHAMP gender activities are in line with national policies and priorities.
Design and implement appropriate training courses for small-scale processors and CHAMP female extension officers.
Representation of CHAMP in different working groups and interagency working groups.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability and flexibility to work under stress and understanding to address sensitive social and or political issues.
• Excellent solution-based management and analytical skills.
• Fluency in English (working language), and language skills in Pashto and Dari required. Sensitive to cultural and gender issues, capable of working both independently and within a team on tasks with short deadlines.
• Ability to work with a range of people with differing views and to adopt appropriate strategies for alliance building and effective advocacy.
• Demonstrated understanding of advocacy approaches and ability to work comfortably in a predominantly male environment to build understanding and adopt appropriate strategies for alliance building and effective advocacy for women’s empowerment.
• Strong analytical and communications, writing and presentation skills.
• Experience using standard office equipment such as telephones, calculators, computers, and printers.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills, including presentation skills – in local and English languages
• Excellent English writing skills.
• Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure and additional hours.
• Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback.
• Strong sense of personal initiative and problem solving skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in, economics, business, social sciences is required- MSc/MBA/Master’s in related field is strongly preferred.
At least 5 years of experience in developing, planning, and executing activities that integrate gender, particularly in food processing and policies that attract private sector investment preferred. Knowledge of USAID and its operations and other donor-funded programs strongly preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Would you please use ROP official application form and send before closing date by below email address:
Note: Without application form the CVs will be not acceptable
|More jobs in this category|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|