Programme Director(1015 Views)
About Harakat- Afghanistan Investment Climate Facility (H-AICF)
Harakat was established in 2008 as an independent entity to deliver investment climate reforms to drive private sector-led growth in Afghanistan. Headquartered in Kabul, Harakat is currently funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) as the Lead Funder, and co-funded by Swedish International Development Co-operation Agency (SIDA) under the Afghanistan Investment Climate Programme (AICP). Harakat is registered with the Ministry of Economy, Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
Harakat is currently working to deliver the Inception Phase of the AICP. A new Board of Directors is now in place, and the Programme is expected to run for up to seven years.
Harakat, in delivering the AICP, aims to improve Afghanistan’s business environment by making it easier to do business in Afghanistan; attracting viable investments, both domestic and foreign; increasing the confidence of the private sector; assisting the government to increase revenue generation, and ultimately generating new jobs.
Harakat’s work will focus on four main areas, or Programme Pillars: (1) Public Private Partnerships; (2) Legal and Regulatory Reform; (3) Investor Facilitation; and (4) Women’s Economic Empowerment. There will also be cross-cutting work in areas such as public-private dialogue.
Harakat will design specific areas of intervention for the four Programme Pillars, and will link them to measurable outcomes and indicators, to ensure positive impact, procure appropriate suppliers to deliver work under each Pillar, and manage these suppliers closely.
Harakat will work with a wide range of stakeholders including liaison with senior representatives in the Government of Afghanistan, the Private Sector, and the Civil Society at large.
Under the AICP, Harakat expects to contribute significantly to Afghanistan’s economic growth by 2023.
More information is available on Harakat’s website, at: http://harakat.af/
Harakat is seeking a highly qualified and committed individual to manage and coordinate the delivery of the four Programme Pillars of the AICP, and their inter-dependencies. This is an excellent opportunity to make a real difference to business environment reform and the private sector development agenda in Afghanistan.
The Programme Director is responsible for developing and establishing the programme model, and monitoring the implementation, to ensure the overall integrity and coherence of all the specific pillar programmes. The Programme Director will also support the four individual programme managers to deliver the pillar outcomes as outlined in the AICP work plan.
The Programme Director will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and together with the CEO and the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), will form the Senior Executive Team (SET) of Harakat
|Date Posted:||18 Oct 2018||Reference:||HKT-PGD-01|
|Closing Date:||11 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main objective of the Programme Director is to ensure that the AICP Programme Pillars and cross-cutting workstreams (such as public-private dialogue) are delivered to the satisfaction of the SET, the Harakat Board, and the AICP Funders. The Director will also:
• Ensure that the work of all the pillars is in compliance with Harakat’s governance documents and Funder requirements
• Provide strong leadership and act as a role model for the organization
• Actively participate in the SET, and provide timely reports to the Board of Directors
• Establish a comprehensive information management system, and ensure adequate reporting to the AICP Funders
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Applications are welcome from candidates with strong experience in Afghanistan and/or strong international experience. Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential attributes:
1. Demonstrable substantial experience of working in Afghanistan
2. A minimum of 10 years’ experience in project management roles with at least 5 years’ experience in programme development and management
3. Substantial field-based experience and Demonstrable ability to deliver aid development programmes in fragile and conflict state situations particularly investment climate, economic growth and private sector programmes
Skills and abilities
4. Very strong skills in programme and project management, with proven competencies in related tools and methodologies
5. Excellent financial and situational analytical skills and knowledge of analysis techniques.
6. Strong contract formation and negotiation skills
7. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal communication, relationship building and networking skills
8. Demonstrable ability to maintain existing client relationships and develop new ones
9. Excellent presentation skills with the ability to address senior management, business and technical audiences
10. Ability to communicate with persons of various cultures and disciplines
11. Excellent written & verbal communication skills
12. Ability to work in a dynamic and responsive environment, and in a fragile or conflict-affected context
13. Ability to work under pressure and respond to multiple tasks
14. Ability to give solution-oriented advice and assistance to staff, clients and stakeholders
15. Ability to allocate and review priorities and meet deadlines
16. Ability to manage teams effectively
17. Professional presentation and approach
18. Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
19. Good understanding of the procurement process, including negotiation with third parties
20. Demonstrated knowledge of contracting procedures, including financial aspects of contract implementation and monitoring
21. Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
22. Advanced University Degree, preferably in Business Administration, or Public Administration, or Engineering, or a related field
23. PRINCE2®, Project Management Institute PMP, or equivalent programme management training and certification an advantage
24. Deep understanding of Afghanistan's cultural norms, languages and governance
25. Ability to communicate effectively in English, including a high standard of written English
26. Dari and/or Pashto languages would be a strong advantage
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Applicants must submit a complete application that includes:
1. A cover letter outlining your interest in working for Harakat on the AICP. This should cover how your experience, knowledge and skills demonstrate your suitability for the position, as outlined in the Applicant Summary above and the Person Specification of the full role description
2. A current Curriculum Vitae, with contact information
3. Three professional references, including one from your last employment
All submissions must be made via email only and please write the reference HKT-PGD-01 in the subject line of your email.
Credential review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Harakat reserves the right to screen and interview suitable candidates at any time during this period. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We expect interviews to take place in early December. No phone calls please.
Harakat prohibits discrimination in employment on any basis. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this post.
|More jobs in this category|
|بستهای 3 و 4 ریاست تدارکات at شاروالی کابل||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|LLC Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|Storekeeper at AFTEL||Kunduz||21 Jan 2019|
|Technical Assistance Committee to the Anti-Mo.. at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Junior Professional / Program/Strategy at AWAL Development and Transform..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|