Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Afghanaid is currently implementing many projects in four provinces of Afghanistan with support from different donors such as DIFD, EC, MRRD, MAIL, WFP.
|Date Posted:||25 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-83|
|Closing Date:||13 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main purpose of the assignment is to translate Afghanaid official documents from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa. This is not a full or part time job within Afghanaid but would rather be a consultancy service contract. The translator is responsible for:
• Translating documents from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa in a high quality, easy to understand and accurate manner.
• Translating all text within a document including text contained in figures, boxes, captions, sources and covers.
• Incorporating suggested changes by Afghanaid to the translations.
• Following ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information.
• Using accurate and appropriate technical terms and terminology during the translation of documents
• Ensuring the quality and accuracy of the entire document before submitting it to Afghanaid.
• Meeting agreed deadlines for submitting translated documents. The agreed deadline will be negotiated for each task.
Note: If the quality of the translation was not as per organization expectation that will directly affect the payment for the translation as per the prior consultancy contract.
4. Reporting Line
The Consultant will report directly to the Commissioning Manager, Deputy Director Human Resources and on his absence, to the Human Resource Coordinator.
• Bachelor degree from the English language deptartment of a recognised university and in-depth knowledge of English, Dari and Pashto languages.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in professional written translation.
• Demonstrated experience in translating professional documents.
• Experience in translating documents for NGOs and understanding of NGO’s work and Programme, UN and governmental organisations.
• Outstanding translation and editing skills in English, Dari and Pashto.
• Experience in translating issues relating to disaster risk reduction, livelihoods, gender, community development, natural resource management etc.
• Fully proficient in computer skills.
The contract will be for one year.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Eligible companies and individual who are interested to apply for this consultancy are requested to send:
a) A covering letter explicitly referring to previous similar experiences
b) CV or company profile
c) Professional fee (in AFN) per word
Your EOI must reach Afghanaid by COB on the 13 Nov 2018, clearly marked the vacancy number and the Position title in the subject of the email
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!