Lead Reporting Officer (Re-Announce)(648 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Grant Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (hereinafter called the recipient) and Asian Development Bank (hereinafter Called) ADB.
The Recipient and ADB entered in to the Framework Financing Agreements for the purposes of Multi tranche financing facility to help the Afghanistan fund projects and subprojects under its energy section development investment program.
The projects will promote economic development and will contribute to poverty reduction by ensuring sustainable and reliable electricity supply, it well improve power transmission and distribution infrastructure through rehabilitation, augmentation and expansion of the primary high-voltage and low-voltage transmission networks, and will promote rural electrification and development of renewable energy
The following tasks to be undertaken by the Reporting Officer:
|Date Posted:||27 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0386|
|Closing Date:||10 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Keep track of reporting schedules according to relevant department framework and its strict follow up with the focal points.
• Inform various sub-component and unit heads in time, about pending issues and consolidate it in order to feed it to the final report.
• Ensure timely collection of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual draft reports from different units on timely basis.
• Act as data focal point on relevant information and dissemination platform with various departments.
• Edit and review collected reports, and refer back to relevant reporting focal points for missing information, clarification of inconsistencies, and correction of inaccuracies.
Compile and format reports as required.
• Managing and supervising relevant personnel activities and enhancing their capacities.
• A capacity development for circulating reports to the relevant department
Maintain a backup file of various issues and reports produced and submitted.
Travel to project sites, when needed, for collecting stories and pictures for newsletter, reports, and other publications.
• Assist with translation and editing / proof reading of documents and reports into Dari and/or Pushto
• Prepare individuals plans and share periodic reports on the progress of assigned work
Attend unit and other meetings as required and take minutes of meeting if requested.
• Assist with any other tasks assigned within the team and contribute to other incidental tasks at the department, when requested.
• Draft all needed templates for guaranteeing the quality of collected data.
• Train the field’s coordinators on data collection.
• Set plan for data compilation, and writing of the operational plans, monthly, quarterly and final report and other periodical program documentation.
• Ensure that every project under his/ her profile have these tools completed, updated and in place.
• Conduct regular monitoring visits to programs/projects and provide detailed monitoring reports.
• Any other task assigned by the Head of ADB funded projects.
Skills in computer operating and data base development
Excellent translation skills (at least English to Dari/ Pushto; preferably English to Dari and Pushto and Dari/ Pushto to English)
Ability of work against deadlines and good follow on
Good organizational skills and ability to work in a team
Willingness to travel in-country if needed
Good interpersonal abilities
Capacity to guide the relevant department
• A recognized University degree in Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other related area with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national and international levels in program management, monitoring and reporting system; including qualitative and quantitative approaches monitoring.
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities and social and cultural constraints and realitiesv
• Excellent knowledge about reporting to several donors.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as impart knowledge and skills.
• Knowledge of computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications.
• Excellent writing as well as fluent in speaking and reading skills in English and Local Languages Pashto and Dari.
• Working with International Donors (World Bank, ADB, USAID and UN) and its projects is preferable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Driver at MAIL/Panj Amu||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|معاون اداری بست ۲ at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Inventory Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Mohib Construction||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|محافظ at DABS/KBD||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|صفا کار at DABS/KBD||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Cook at MAIL/AMIP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|