Research Consultant(633 Views)
About Center for Civilians in Conflict
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission, is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives. Learn more at www.civiliansinconflict.org
TITLE: Research Consultant
TRAVEL: As needed to Badakhshan and Kandahar
REPORTING TO: Country Director, Afghanistan
DURATION: 40 to 60 days.
STAFF REPORTING: N/A
|Date Posted:||27 Oct 2018||Reference:||004|
|Closing Date:||10 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Use an appropriate methodology to design and manage a research project, which may involve the use of quantitative and/or qualitative methods for data analysis;
• Sort and cluster the collected data and make sure they are all translated into English;
• Analyze the collected data from the field. If more data is needed, contact the fixer in the provinces for further data collection. Supplement with interviews over the phone, travel to provinces, as well as desk top research;
• Work with Country Director and MENA South Asia Director on developing pragmatic recommendations; and
• Write the report in English according to CIVIC style guidelines and work with CIVIC Country Director and MENA South Asia Director for editing and finalizing.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative methodologies and using different research techniques;
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent interpersonal, team working and communication skills;
• Excellent report writing skills in English;
• Confidence in using and computer-based programs
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Organization skills, excellent time management and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Research, Law or Social Sciences or any other relevant field. A master’s degree in the relevant field is preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in research and report writing in English
• Fluency in Dari & English required. Pashto preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please send your resume and cover letter to
|More jobs in this category|
|Research Officer at Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Surveyor at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Farah||03 Dec 2018|