Afghan Electoral Commission VCA National Consultant.(491 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
In 2010, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community, following the London and Kabul Conferences in January and July 2010, respectively, and by Presidential Decree 61, 2010.
The MEC is an independent agency and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. Following the London Conference, the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan invited the international community to form a joint Afghan-International monitoring and evaluation committee. On September 18, 2016, the Afghan president issued Presidential Decree No. 115. This changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee which abrogates all previous Presidential Decrees. The MEC focuses on:
• Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
• Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
• Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption.
The primary responsibility of the National Consultant will be to support MEC’s Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment (VCA) examining the Afghan Electoral System in Kabul and selected provinces. This is an exciting, groundbreaking study on a difficult but crucial topic, which is hugely impact governance across the country. The analysis is being conducted with the full support of Electoral Commissions.
The MVCA will be the first comprehensive analysis of the corruption vulnerabilities across the entire Electoral System in Afghanistan, including an assessment of the corruption vulnerabilities in the provision of election laws & policies, services, legal and institutional frameworks, key functions, interaction with the main stakeholders of the election sector, human-resources systems, handling electoral complaint system, internal oversight and audit regime, information-management systems, and management and leadership – all with a focus on corruption and practical measures to mitigate such corruption. The VCA will also look at ways to improve transparency in the electoral system via reduced corruption, enhance integrity in the election system. The work will mostly proceed via semi-structured interviews, but will also involve analysis of the institutional, policy and legal arrangements of the Electoral System, investigating the experiences of donors, and desk research on the many corruption issues that have happened in the Electoral System,
|Date Posted:||29 Oct 2018||Reference:||MEC|
|Closing Date:||12 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 9 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Consultant will bring high caliber expertise in electoral system, practices and reforms into the project
• The Consultant will work closely with and support the data collectors
• The exact roles of the team members will be decided based upon the experience of the chosen candidates.”
• The consultant will assist on set up the interview and analysis methodologies. He or she will also assist in the analysis phase.
• The overall project duration is expected to be 9 months, starting in Oct 2018 and completing in June 2019
• The engagement of the National Consultant is expected to be about 150-170 days in total; the final number of working days will depend on the agreed-upon timeframe and schedule of the International Consultant and MEC team.
• The National Consultant is expected to contribute substantially to the methodology that will accurately assess Electoral system vulnerabilities to corruption.
• Assist in writing the final In-Depth Report (in English) and proposing recommendations to address problems identified therein.
• The National Consultant will not be expected to complete, nor be reimbursed for, any tasks performed outside of his or her expected work-days.
• The format, content, and length of the VCA can be changed at any time with the approval of the MEC Executive Director.
• Support the International Consultant and team in designing tools to collect information from the IEC/IECC staff via interviews, document analysis, and the review of quantitative data.
The National Consultant must have the following qualifications:
• University degree in project management, sociology, development or a related field;
• Five years of experience in the electoral system.
• Knowledge of research methodologies is a significant plus.
• Ability to work in a politicized environment on a highly sensitive topic
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment in a challenging, multi-cultural and fast-paced environment;
• High quality report writing skills in English.
The Senior Consultant will report formally to the project manager and MEC Technical Director.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way: "LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name.doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this time. The single PDF or Word file should be emailed with the subject line "Electoral Commission VCA National Consultant” by November 12, 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|Research Officer at Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU)||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Surveyor at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Farah||03 Dec 2018|