Software Engineer(502 Views)
About Knight Software Development
Knight Software Development was independently licensed and registered in Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) in 2014 with the aim of providing usable, aesthetic and functional software development and technology services to local and international clients. Together with our associates and corporate, our aim is to help businesses and organizations reach their audience and customers locally and internationally. Time sensitivity, excellence of services and affordability make KSD the best choice.
We specialize in providing Web Development, Software Development, Mobile application Development, Desktop application Development, Database Services and Network services to small, medium and large businesses throughout the country. We have designed and developed websites, database systems and mobile apps for companies with 5 employees to 5000 employees. We provide complete support to meet a wide variety of customer needs.
Our committed experts guarantee you a quality work that is highly competent in the market creating a dynamic presence to improve your business. We can develop websites and applications that serve your specific commercial needs, develop, modify and/or enhance your existing systems by just including some more customized features that would benefit you. If you are looking for security, stability, professionalism and affordability, Knight Software Development is there for you.
Software Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop software team. The Software Engineer will lead a team of developers responsible for building new and support existing websites.
Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills. Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus. Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time. Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast paced environment.
|Date Posted:||30 Oct 2018||Reference:||KSD-E#21|
|Closing Date:||01 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Agency Staff||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
• Write well-designed, testable code
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
• Document and maintain software functionality
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
• First and foremost, developing software our users need
• Mentor junior and mid-level engineers
• Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products
• Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
• Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals
• Be a persistent, creative problem ¬solver
• Remain cool and effective in a crisis
• Stay on the leading edge of development practices
• Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
• Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them
1. Bachelor or Master’s degree in in appropriate field of study
2. 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
3. Either strong OOP or Functional Programing and modeling skills
4. 4+ years professional experience in professional web development
6. In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
8. Experience coding, testing and documenting Drupal themes – including all front end functionality and templates – and modules – using contributed modules and developing custom modules as needed
9. Experience working in an agile environment
10. Experience building complex web systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
11. Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
12. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
13. Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
14. Ability to work independently and Teamwork.
15. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Submission guideline: All Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number in the subject line before closing date to the below email address. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helpdesk Technician at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|System Administrator at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Web Designer & Developer at Ghalib University||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Senior Web Application Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|
|Senior ASP .Net Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|