Merchandise Officer(840 Views)
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 112 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally-accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 5,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Roles and responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to, the following:
|Date Posted:||30 Oct 2018||Reference:||1018-01|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Consult and review all incoming orders.
• Create spec sheets or review and update existing spec sheet in coral draw or photoshop along with pricing for all international, local and in-house orders.
• Maintain cost sheet and BOM (Bill of material) for all products, verify that products and samples are as per BOM once they are ready.
• Manage design database and update specifications and scan, keep track of all updates and changes made from model stage to finished product.
• Create product sheet (detailed sheet with images, artisan name, cost price, selling price and deadline) for all ongoing orders.
• Responsible for making product code and updating category and style in Brand boom.
• Send quotation to client for approval. Update the team once the quotation is approved.
• Partner with production supervisor to ensure all phases from initial order to final product are being met.
• Maintain and update available stock merchandise for all categories and prepare catalogues.
• Other work as necessary.
• Proficient in MS Office application
• Experience in Photoshop or Coral Draw
• Understanding of high quality or luxury products.
• Exceptional planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi task.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with the ability and understanding to meet deadlines.
• Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Bachelor in Management or Design
• 3-5 years of previous work experience
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Candidates should submit their covering letter and C.V. by no later than November 30, 2018. In the subject line of the e-mail, please mention – Merchandise Officer + last name.
Kindly combine covering letter and C.V. as one pdf document and avoid sending us certificates and other heavy sized documents.
|More jobs in this category|
|(مرکز )Project Manager at DABS||Kabul||03 Feb 2019|
|Procurement Advisor at Ministry of Industry & Commerce||Kabul||26 Jan 2019|
|Executive Manager at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2019|
|HR & Administrative Officer at Natural Stone Company||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Finance & Admin Officer at Asia Geo Engineering & Ally Engineering Slutio..||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|