Program Associate(1350 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Reporting to the Component Lead, the Program Associate will ensure IDLOâ€™s gender justice work fits within Afghanistanâ€™s legal and social environment. S/he will actively and regularly engage with members of the Gender Justice Department in Kabul and other provinces, government and non-governmental partners, and other stakeholders to collaboratively carry out his/her responsibilities.
|Date Posted:||04 Nov 2018||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/25/2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide project and logistical support to programs initiated under the current Womenâ€™s Protection Centers work plan, including research and trainings.
2. Ensure proper financial course management of the project, including preparing budgets and cash management for all the trainings/events in line with finance rules.
3. In collaboration with the WPC team and partner WPCs, carry out the planning, preparation, and execution of trainings, including selection and coordination of participants and sites, travel arrangements, and meeting materials, including support for Database trainings.
4. Coordinate and facilitate program initiatives with Ministry of Womenâ€™s Affairs, and program partners such as Voice of Women Organization (VWO) or Women for Afghan Women. (WAW), as well as other partners or members of ASN.
5. Coordinate on internal and external donations to INL partners, working closely with logistics and procurement.
6. Manage the filing system for the project trainings and components.
7. Provide oral and written translation and editing of translation, as needed.
8. Provide information needed for procurement on purchases for the departmentâ€™s needs.
9. In collaboration with Database Analyst, create a filing system for each assigned activity, ensuring electronic and hardcopy working files are integrated; correspondence, reports, and payment documents are filed; and essential documents are scanned.
10. Manage the logistics and implementation of courses, special events and meetings, including site and refreshment selection, participant coordination, travel arrangements, meeting materials, and training certificates.
11. Support trainings on legal skills, media and security, as well as workshops held for governmental officials, with reporting, data collection and any other related tasks.
Monitoring and Evaluation
12. Report on project progress, governmental and stakeholder outcomes, using monitoring and evaluation tools; identify constraints, recommend and implement actions for effective implementation of program components and their evaluation.
13. Assist in identifying shortfalls and bottlenecks in the implementation of planned activities.
14. Compile feedback and recommendations from trainings for team decisions.
15. Collaborate with the Monitoring & Evaluation unit on pre- and post-tests for trainings.
16. Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
â€˘ Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
â€˘ Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
â€˘ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
â€˘ Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
â€˘ Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
â€˘ Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
â€˘ Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
â€˘ Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLOâ€™s mandate.
â€˘ Completed 12 grade education, university degree in Business Administration or LLB degree will be an advantage.
â€˘ Fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
â€˘ Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Business Administration
Please submit your Application to the email provided, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (Program Associate) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/SAJA/25/2018) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Project Specialist - Female at PLACED/MoLSA||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Herat||21 Nov 2018|