Senior QA Engineer(394 Views)
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 280 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad).
As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
We are looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts).
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
|Date Posted:||04 Nov 2018||Reference:||QA102218|
|Closing Date:||10 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
• Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
• Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
• Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
• Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
• Monitor debugging process results.
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
• Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
• Any other relevant tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned to the Sr. QA Engineer by his/her supervisor/s.
• Excellent interpersonal skills complimented by good communication skills; problem solving aptitude; creative thinking and the ability to work under pressure and in a stressful program environment.
• At least Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology (IT) and/or Computer Sciences or other relevant disciplines, preferably with a focus on software development/engineering, system design and analysis.
• Proven professional track record and at-least 3 years of relevant experience as QA engineer or Software implementation and fielding officer.
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes and also knowledge of SQL and scripting.
• Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
• Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
• Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail to following email clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helpdesk Technician at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|System Administrator at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Web Designer & Developer at Ghalib University||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Senior Web Application Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|
|Software Engineer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|
|Senior ASP .Net Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|