Senior Business Development Advisor(381 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
The ASMO’s vision is to serve as a partner for a better life in Afghanistan where families and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-beings; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country’s population, especially women and children; while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation. It is fully committed to improving the quality of life of Afghans by providing needed key health and social issue information, training and quality affordable health care products, services and behavior change solutions using innovative marketing, communication and community outreach approaches in collaboration between the public and private sector stakeholders.
ASMO is currently working as a sub-contractor with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus/USAID project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus.
Core Value (CLEAR)
Our Core Values (Guiding everything we do at ASMO)
We aim to make a large-scale sustainable impact, and are accountable and trustworthy in keeping our promises
Learning and leading:
Staying tuned to those with unmet needs, we listen to, create and share new thoughts and ideas in a spirit of openness, humility, caring and empathy while ensuring access to high quality, affordable solutions, and enabling behavior change
We relate to all with integrity, ethics, transparency, and respect. We foster an inspiring, non-discriminatory and gender-friendly work place for the people to be the best they can be. We adopt an eco-friendly approach to sustainable healthcare
Knowing NO one can do it alone; developing the right partnerships and collaborations for success
On-the-ground results are critical to success. We act with urgency, speed, innovativeness and efficiency.
The Senior Business Development Advisor develops business development strategy/action plan in line with ASMO Strategic Plan 2019 – 2023 and ensures its sound implementation. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Social Marketing Manager to provide leadership to business development initiatives in order to expand ASMO business, cultivate sound relationship with donors, UN agencies, line ministries and private investors/corporate companies in order to expand and diversify ASMO source of funding.
|Date Posted:||04 Nov 2018||Reference:||ASMO-002-2018|
|Closing Date:||25 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business Development
• Provides longer term business development focus to expand areas of business and diversify source of funding in order to increase income and ensure future growth of the organization.
• Manages and oversees strategy development and implementation for Business Development (BD) and Public Relation (PR) in coordination with the management team.
• In consultation with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, drafts business development strategy and prepares the annual Business Development plan.
• Develops a donor mapping document and regularly updates it.
• Develops new business relationships with donors to attract more businesses for ASMO.
• Searches new local and international opportunities and projects by analyzing business needs.
• Develops proposals in coordination with the management team.
2. Public Relations:
• Contributes in the development of corporate communication strategy for ASMO and ensure its implementation.
• Presents ASMO to potential clients/donors through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
• Provides constructive input in the development of capability statement, brochure, briefs, posters and organizational profile.
• Represents ASMO at external events, including workshops, conferences, and meetings to promote and advance the organization’s work.
• Interfaces with, and cultivates relations with government agencies, international and local partners.
• Adheres to all ASMO administrative and operations policies and procedures.
• Assumes other duties, as directed by Executive Director
• High degree of dynamism, self-motivation, persuasiveness, innovative thinking and eye for details necessary
• Professional skills in business development including but not limited to business/strategic planning, and donor relations, quality proposal writing and productive networking
• Ability to search, identify, and analyze national and international business opportunities
• Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
• Strong report writing abilities
• Computer skills MS Office packages and internet particularly searching engines/websites for business opportunities
• Team work and building ability, good interpersonal skills
• Stakeholder management and social skills
• Proven ability to negotiate business deals
• Having a Master Degree in business, economics, development studies or public health from a recognized university
• Overall 10-12 years’ work experience with at least last 5 years in senior business development and marketing positions
• A track record of generating new business worth of around half million USD per annum in the past 3 years
• Work experience with donor agencies, national and international NGOs in relevant capacities
• Evidences of successful program management, proposal writing and winning the projects in the past
• Experience of working with USAID and other bi-lateral donor projects is preferable
• Experience of working in the international health and development sector is a plus
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Business Administration
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Department of Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) as following Conditions:
• Subject line must be (Senior Business Development Advisor- ASMO-002-2018) otherwise application will NOT be considered.
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
‘’Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|National M&E Advisor for MEC's Assessment in .. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|