Member Services Manager(608 Views)
About Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA)
Afghanistan Microfinance Association (AMA) is the national network of Development Finance Institutions (DFI) in Afghanistan. It was established in 2005 by the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA), microfinance practitioners and other stakeholders. AMA was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Afghanistan in 2007.
AMA branded itself as an association that promotes the broader development finance sector in Afghanistan.
AMA has been one of the founders and member of the South Asian Micro-Entrepreneur Network (SAMN) since 2009. AMA was elected as the Chairman of SAMN in March 2018. In 2012, AMA also became a member of the Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network based in the USA.
AMA supports its members with a strong portfolio of demand-driven services under its four main functions; Lobbying & Advocacy, Knowledge Management, Coordination & Networking, and Capacity Building.
|Date Posted:||04 Nov 2018||Reference:||00124|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Social Science||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish linkages and enhance coordination and networking among organizations working in the development finance sector at the national level in collaboration with Regional Coordinators (RCs).
• Develop and implement strategies to expand AMA membership by targeting organizations working in the development finance sector in Afghanistan.
• Organize meetings with AMA member organizations on regular basis to assess their needs, obtain feedback and suggestions on AMA activities and make recommendations to the Executive Director for appropriate action.
• Support the Executive Director in establishing linkages with relevant government officials at national and provincial levels and participate in such meetings/discussions as appropriate.
• Conduct annual members’ feedback survey, prepare and publish the members’ feedback survey report in consultation with the Research and Communication Manager.
• Organize quarterly CEO’s coordination meetings and follow up on the action points of the meetings.
• Support RCs to organize and conduct effective provincial coordination meetings and establish mechanisms to ensure that outcomes/results of these meetings are recorded, reported and appropriate follow-up action taken.
• Supervise RCs and implement a monitoring plan to track progress of regional activities and report the status to the Executive Director on regular basis.
• Identify successes of the outreach and coordination efforts and assist the Research and Communication Manager to develop success stories as appropriate.
Advocacy and Lobbying
• Lead and conduct Program Awareness meetings for relevant government officials, community leaders and other stakeholders at national and regional levels.
• Represent AMA and development finance sector in meetings, events and working groups as and when needed.
• Support the Executive Director in any advocacy events, discussions and other efforts at national and regional levels.
• Support the Executive Director in fund-raising for AMA’s core activities and specific projects as required.
• Support the Executive Director in managing and monitoring ongoing projects and engagements with development finance institutions working in Afghanistan.
• Support the Executive Director in drafting project concepts, proposals, strategies, policies and procedures, and the implementation of these initiatives.
• Monitor progress against overall AMA targets and report the status to the Executive Director on regular basis.
• Support the Executive Director in organizing the Board of Directors’ and General Assembly meetings and in the implementation/follow-up of the outcomes of these meetings.
• Support the Research and Communication Manager in conducting research and surveys as required.
• Communicate any event or news to the member MFIs and other stake holders
• Collect data for the newsletter from member MFIs and other relevant organizations to be published in the AMA news letters or reports
• Collect data/information on successes, draft success stories and submit it Knowledge Management Department for developing success stories.
• Prepare periodical progress reports and submit to Executive Director.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Education: University degree in the field of social science or business administration is required. MBA or MPA will be preferred.
• Experience: At least Four years of project management or administration experience is required. Microfinance or banking experience will be an advantage.
• Communication: Excellent written and oral communication skills are required. Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto is required.
• Computer: Should know the MS office package.
• Personal qualification: Quick learner, talented, and active individual with the ability to travel to the provinces and meet tight deadlines.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
To apply: please send your CV along with a cover letter to below email include Member Service Manager in the subject line of the application.
|More jobs in this category|
|Security Officer, Afghanistan at Center for Civilians in Conflict||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|