Re-Advertised Senior Contract Management Specialist to MoMP/LSMU(348 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulations and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Large Scale Mining Unit (LSMU) recently established as coordination unit in Ministry of Mines and petroleum under direct supervision of Mines Cadaster Directorate. Large Scale Mining Unit determines, controls, and maintains the standards and processes related to large scale mining contracts management system provide technical support for the implementation of large scale mining contracts to Mines and Cadaster Directorate of MoMP.
The overall goal of LSMU is to manage all large scale mining contract activities systematically and efficiently in order to increase research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons as safely and economically as possible.
Carry out Evaluation of proposals of interested companies from procurement prospective which are submitted to the LSMU, and report to the Head of Committee about the Evaluation results. And will assist the LSMU members with technical consultancy in overall process of Contracts awarding and management.
|Date Posted:||05 Nov 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU-Sr. Contract Management Specialist (LSMU)|
|Closing Date:||11 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Develop the existing procurement system for contracting large mine contracts in a professional manner.
3. Review all awarded contracts to make sure they are implemented according the law, regulations and contract contents.
4. The Senior Contract Management specialist must collect updates from all staff assigned to various projects and analyze these updates to identify potential problems that may keep projects from being completed on time and report the MoMP management.
5. Develop a tracking system for awarded contract progress.
6. Develop a monitoring and evaluation system for awarded contracts.
7. Prepare regular progress report to the MoMP management on awarded contracts.
8. Strengthen and establish strong coordination with relevant departments and stake holders.
9. The incumbent must make sure the contract award process is running smoothly and compliance with the law and regulations.
10. Maintains official project records and establish a proper filing system for all relevant procurement documents for each project.
11. Make a proper system for keeping offers on submitted documents by bidders.
12. Assist the project procurement and contract teams in evaluation of bids.
13. Assist in preparation of project financial and procurement documents.
14. Arrange on job procurement training for LSMU staff.
15. Any other task assigned by the management according laws and regulation.
• Adaptability to corporate setting is a must.
• Strong negotiation and client management skills.
• The ability and desire to complete projects within deadlines.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience (national and international).
• The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups.
• The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required.
• The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
• At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic, Management and or Commerce or similar fields from a recognized, accredited university and Master degree is preferred.
• Minimum 5- 7 years’ experience field of Project Management, Procurement and Finance with government, Donors funded projects, NGOs and UN agencies.
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
• Strong team work skills.
• Demonstrated abilities to take initiatives, build consensus and make things happen.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 04/Oct./ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Sr. Contract Management Specialist to LSMU must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 790 701 801
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|آمر پلان بست ۳ at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Gender manager at Roots of Peace||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|