Senior Rural Livelihood Officer(1001 Views)
About MAIL/Panj Amu
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development to communities.
Panj Amu Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of Irrigation Associations(IAs) and its capacity building in 5 province in Panj Amu River Basin (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
Under the direct supervision of Project Director and Snr. Natrual Resource Management Coordinator, the Senior Rural Livelihood Officer is responsible in supporting the senior and junior watershed management officers for identification of watershed sites, survey, implementation and supervision of all Natural Resource Management (NRM) related activities in the field in Badakhshan, Takhar and Kunduz. The Snr. Rural Livelihood Officer will work closely with NRM colleagues in provincial and district level, colleagues in Project Implementation Offices (PIOs), locally managed institutions such as Community Development Councils (CDCs) to make sure that the project implementation significantly improving livelihood of the local people.
|Date Posted:||05 Nov 2018||Reference:||MAIL/70/018|
|Closing Date:||15 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and consult in watershed site selection to make sure that the poor natural resource dependent people and marginalized communities are selected to participate in watershed management and conservation activities.
• Support the watershed officers in mobilizing local communities to form their locally managed institutions and encourage the participation of women and marginalized group of community in NRM decision-making process.
• Support watershed officers in baseline data collection and information gathering to make sure that the information collected reflect the basic livelihood needs of the local people.
• Along with the watershed officers train and enhance the capacity of Forest Management Association (FMA)/ Rangeland Management Association(RMA) members in developing NRM management plan in which the improvement of local livelihood should be streamlined and considered.
• Train and strengthen the FMA/RMA and Community Development Councils (CDCs) members in topics related to the community development projects.
• Conduct feasibility study for selecting a natural resources site for piloting Payment for Ecosystem Services (PES).
• Develop ideas to decrease the direct dependency of local people on natural resources and suggest alternative livelihood projects.
• Suggest and develop plan for improving the value, sustainable use and trading of medicinal plants.
• Train the FMA/RMA and community members in economic, social and environmental benefits of natural resources (forest, rangeland, wildlife, biodiversity …) and their sustainable use.
• Consult and support FMA/RMA members in developing a good mechanism for benefit sharing and ensuring the equal access of poor and marginalized people to the benefits generating from natural resource.
• Supporting local people in finding good market for their local products.
• Raise awareness about the importance of watershed management in enhancing the local people access to good quality water for household use and irrigation.
• Develop mechanism for conflict mediation among the resource dependent communities and consult with NRM and related conflict mediator departments.
• Support the Jnr. Watershed Management Officers and local community members in Along with the Jnr. Watershed Management Officers conduct evaluation and monitoring of the watershed management and conservation activities in regular basis.
• Along with the Jnr. Watershed Management Officers plan and conduct frequent surveys and field work for problem identification and suggesting new project for the local community livelihood development.
• Suggest scientific researches to contribute in improving local community’s livelihood.
• Synergies the rural livelihood development activities with other components of the project to ensure an integrated approach for the Panj-amu Project implementation.
• Report the achievements, threats and opportunities toward the project objectives to the Senior NRM coordinator and project director in frequent manner.
• Carry out any other tasks and duties assigned by the line managers “Snr.NRM coordinator and Project director”.
Reporting & Communication:
The Snr. Rural Livelihood Officer should develop and submit accurate monthly, quarter and annual work plans and reports to the Snr. NRM coordinator. The reports should contain the tangible impact of the project activities on local people livelihoods.
Deliver training to Jnr. Watershed Management Officers, Forest Management Association/Rangeland Management Association and Community Development Councils.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Bachelor Degree in Agriculture, economics, rural development, Natural Resource Management or any other relevant field, master level preferred.
• Bachelor degree at least five and master degree three years-experience in the relevant field is required.
• Experience of working in rural development and community-based natural resource management projects in rural areas of the country is an asset.
• Good communication, social and problem analytical skills.
• Good knowledge of MS office.
• Oral and written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
Afghanistan - Takhar
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Senior Rural Livelihood Officer (MAIL-70-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Social Safeguards, and Gender Specialist (Re .. at ( Ministry of Agricul..||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Sr. M&E Officer at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|IPM Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|