Inventory Officer(804 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish Central Project Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Project effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects.
The Inventory Officer will handle all Assets Management and Inventory Management related activities of CPMO and all projects working under CPMO. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Sr. Admin/HR/Logistic Manager, CPMO.
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2018||Reference:||MAIL/071/018|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Inventory Officer duties will include but will not be limited to the following:
• Establish and maintain Fixed Asset register Book
• Identify Projects assets in CPMO Kabul and Provincial PIOs.
• Design asset code and assign asset code to acquisitions.
• Keeping updated record of all Assets and Stock.
• Conduct regular asset verification audits.
• Control the Inventory Management System, consistent with MAIL policies to achieve the balance required between availability of goods and holding cost.
• As goods are received, ensure a receipt is recorded and goods are transferred immediately to safe storage or to the requesting department.
• Ensure all inventory is held centrally in secure storage and control.
• Review the Inventory Control Record to ensure accuracy of each record.
• Control inventory so that under no circumstances inventory goods can be issued for personal use.
• Ensure stocks of hazardous materials that are held on Program and projects premises are in safe storage.
• Review all inventory control records at least monthly to determine if additional goods need to be purchased and advise the admin section to prepare a purchases order for all recommended inventory purchases.
• Physically to identify new asset needs of the project and prepare lists of the needs.
• To physically check all assets and expendable and non-expendable inventories on quarterly bases.
• Maintain full documentation of all procurement, and financial records of all purchase.
• Prepare and verify an Asset/Inventory list.
• Update and maintain a monthly base Asset/Inventory database.
• Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The Inventory Officer would have the following:
• University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, economics or any other relevant field and master degree will be preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years relevant experience in government or international organizations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in Dari, Pashto and English
• Must have strong ability to work with MS office package and Database system.
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
• Able to take initiative and think strategically
• Committed and able to work for long hours if required
• Experience with ADB project is an advantage
• Must be familiar with new IT and office equipment.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Inventory Officer (MAIL-071-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Driver at MAIL/Panj Amu||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|معاون اداری بست ۲ at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Mohib Construction||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|محافظ at DABS/KBD||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|صفا کار at DABS/KBD||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Cook at MAIL/AMIP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|