Procurement Assistant(1368 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Procurement Specialist, he/she is responsible to assisting Procurement Specialist, as well as providing support to the Senior Procurement Specialist on various operational issues such as procuring of office equipment and materials, assisting in the Annual Procurement Plan, liaising with Afghanistan Elanat and Ministry of Finance. The specific duties include:
|Date Posted:||06 Nov 2018||Reference:||001/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||19 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Procurement Assistant will report directly to the senior procurement specialist CLAP/SNAPP2.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Ensure CLAP & SNAPP2 procurement is effective and efficient.
• Coordinate the procurement of office materials, IT equipment, other assets and project related procurement.
• Maintain a comprehensive record-keeping and monitoring system for all grant procurement transactions of the both projects.
• Assist with the issuance of complex RFPs & RFQs, analyzing and evaluating responses and making recommendations for supplier selection. Prepare bid lists, evaluate bids and proposals, negotiate contracts, and place purchase orders in conformity with government procurement law, rules and regulations, contracting principles, and cost effective constraints.
• Support the development and implementation of advanced supplier assessment techniques. Maintain an up-to-date suppliers and contractors database; support the vetting process of vendors.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly projects procurement updates; prepare status and other reports as necessary regarding progress and performance, problems and corrective actions, and general oversight.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent communication, team working and problem solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
• Team oriented.
• Good office administration and record keeping skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Literature, law or any other related field.
• Minimum of two years experiences in similar capacity in a government and international organization, experience in Governmental Organizations are preferable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a covering letter as follow conditions:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter
Subject line must be: (Procurement Assistant 001/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Admin and Procurement Adviser at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||26 Jan 2019|
|Procurement & Contract Management Assistant at Hawk Vision||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Procurement SME at MOIA||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Senior Procurement SME at MOIA||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|