Database Manager(729 Views)
About Moraa Educational Complex
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC is established in 42,000 square meter area and began its first initiatives in 2016 in Kabul that includes a well-equipped modern Kindergarten, High School, Institute of Health Sciences (providing two and three year diploma courses in midwifery, nursing, medical technology, anesthesia, radiology, pharmacy, dental prosthesis and physiotherapy), University (medicine, computer science, BBA and education) and a Dormitory. MEC offers practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to a high educational standards based on modern teaching methods.
She will be responsible for securely and correctly monitoring, maintaining, and designing computerized databases. A majority of her job involves creating and modeling databases, which means she will spend a significant amount of the time collaborating with users to identify the data they need to use, the frequency, what categories they require, and how she can make the process smoother for them. After developing the database, she will be responsible for testing it extensively to ensure accuracy. Data troubleshooting, security, backup, and integrity are critical parts of her job.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2018||Reference:||MEC-0011|
|Closing Date:||28 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design and develop Database system for organization according to requirements;
• Create standard procedures to enhance scalability and performance of existing database architecture.
• Troubleshoot complex database issues in accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain database disaster recovery procedures to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery.
• Supervise installation, migration and upgrade of databases.
• Ensure that database is developed according to business requirements.
• Prepare reports on database scalability and capacity planning as needed.
• Create software links with each other as per data collection forms developed by the organization;
• Design a robust reporting module which gathers and analyzes timely information across all components Output and outcome;
• Identify and resolve database issues related to performance and capacity.
• Oversee day-to-day activities of database team.
• Develop best practices for performance and operational efficiency.
• Ensure database management and maintenance tasks are performed effectively.
• Conduct training programs for staff on database development and maintenance procedures.
• Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality.
• Provide regular updates to management on database project status.
• Stay updated with new database technologies and analyzes such technologies to bring into scope of existing infrastructure.
• Manage computer systems and network.
• Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures.
• Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems.
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions.
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
• Confirming each changes which made by web developer and database developers
• Providing information for webpages
• Planning and designing of webpages.
• Updating information in webpages regularly
• Contacting and reporting problems to Database project Manager, Website developer and Internet provider.
• Monitor database performance, changes and evaluate regularly to ensure everything is working properly.
• Designs and produces basic reports.
• Maintains systems, databases and web pages.
• Train staffs on how to use database and data entry in each part of database.
• Creating and managing email addresses for staff.
• Dealing with clients of different companies.
• Evaluating each part of database to meet academic needs.
• Managing network users and internet bandwidth
The Database Manager shall directly report to the Managing Director.
• Knowledge of IIS and other web servers.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must be self-starter with excellent demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Knowledge of software design/operation software such as SQL Server, C# Ajax, MVC, JQuery, Bootstrap, Crystal Report and/or MySQL, PHP etc.
• Knowledge of MS Office Package, especially MS Excel and Access.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields with at least 3 years of working experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Conditions of Employment:
Employees in this job title are subject to the terms and conditions of an employment contract. Employment contracts are typically subject to review and renewal on an annual basis.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
All interested Afghan women with the required qualification and experience is required to submit their applications and CVs electronically through the email address written below:
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Operations Associate at United Nations World Food Programme||Badakhshan||27 Nov 2018|
|ICT Officer- Female at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Officer - IS Security ( Re - Posting) at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|NOC Engineer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Senior MIS Specialist (مرکز) at DABS||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Manager Information Technology at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Re - ( آموزگار کمپیوتر ( مرک.. at DABS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Assistant Manager IT Security at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Senior Officer Applications at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|HMIS Database Developer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|IT Specialist/ Officer at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Adjunct Instructor / Asst. Professor / Assoc... at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|IT Admin at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|