Internal Audit Specialist(541 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is implementing “On Farm Water Management (OFWM)” Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF), in five (5) regions, namely: Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Balkh (Mazar-i-Sharif), Baghlan and Heart.
The overall development objective (PDO) of the OFWM-Project is to improve agricultural productivity in the Project Areas by enhancing the efficiency of water used.
A Kabul-based Project Management Unit (PMU) headed by the Project Manager, with the assistance of Core Team of Specialists, is responsible for execution of the project. Five Area Teams: one each in Kabul, Nangarhar (Jalalabad), Mazar-i-Sharif (Balkh), Bamyan and Heart, have been established for implementation of field activities.
The project started its implementation from March, 2011 for a period of 3 years and is being monitored by Worlds Bank. The project closing date has recently been extended up to April 2016. The project has received additional fund from the World Bank (the Bank) and the period of the OFWMP has been extended to December 2019.
The Project consists of the following parts:
Part A: On-Farm Water Management
1. Carrying out social mobilization for the establishment of Irrigation Associations (IAs) in the Project Areas, including, inter alia, the provision of: (a) training to communities in organization and management of IAs; (b) facilitation services for communities to develop the IAs’ internal legal rules and regulations (by-laws); (c) assistance to IAs in order for them to be registered under the Water Law (1388); and (d) technical training to IAs regarding water distribution, maintenance of irrigation infrastructure, irrigation methods, water-saving techniques, crop-water requirements, and good agronomic practices.
2. (a) Carrying out rehabilitation works to small irrigation schemes or tertiary canals (watercourses) covering approximately 40,000 hectares in total in the Project Areas, including, inter alia: (a) rehabilitation of existing intakes, (b) canal lining; (c) construction of control structures and outlets; (d) construction of, culverts, laundry basins and cattle troughs; and
(b) Improving design standards and strengthening the private sector’s capacity for contract management and construction techniques.
3. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Areas to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
Part B: Institutional Strengthening and Capacity Building of MAIL
Developing the institutional capacity of MAIL to plan, design, implement and monitor irrigation programs, including, inter alia: (a) construction and/or renovation of office buildings, one each in Kabul, Jalalabad, Baghlan, Mazar-e-Sharif and Herat, respectively for MAIL and Project staff; (b) strengthening of MAIL’s Directorate of Irrigation at national, provincial and district levels; (c) strengthening the legal framework for the irrigation sector, (d) developing a national irrigation program, (e) undertaking of technical training in the irrigation sector including study tours transferring on-farm water management know-how; and (f) developing a database covering irrigation systems throughout the country.
Part C: Project Management, Coordination, Monitoring & Evaluation
Strengthening the institutional capacity of MAIL for Project implementation, policy development, and technical innovation, monitoring and evaluation, by establishing and maintaining a Project Implementation Unit comprised of a Kabul-based core team, five (5) Project Area Teams and internationally recruited experts.
Part D: Support for Productivity Enhancement
1. Establishing easily accessible pilot irrigation demonstration sites in the Project Area to showcase improved water management practices/technology and agronomic water saving techniques/measures, improved agronomic and social management practices, as well as proper farm planning and layout for an efficient use of irrigation water.
2. Promoting land leveling and high-efficiency irrigation technologies in the Project Area.
3. Establishing Information Centers for farmers at the provincial and district level in the Project Area.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2018||Reference:||MAIL/OFWMP/135|
|Closing Date:||16 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Internal auditor Specialist will report to Internal Audit Director and take day to day responsibility for related activities of the Project Internal Audit Section.
- Assisting OFWMP and MAIL to define and implement effective internal control framework ;
- Conducting a periodic review of the control environment, system and procedures with suggestions on improvement;
- Verifying and establishing a system for periodic verification of development project assets;
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of accounting/ financial principles and promoting effective control mechanism at reasonable cost;
- Reviewing of the adequacy, security and effectiveness of the financial management system (FMIS);
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, plans, and procedures of the GOA including those agreed under the credit/grant agreement.
- Ascertaining the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses, goods and services have been procured in accordance with the credit/grant agreements and GOA, procurement guidelines, wherever applicable.
- Verifying that credit/grant funds, both GOA and Donors have been provided and used in accordance with the relevant financing agreements and effectively used only for the purposes for which they were provided;
- Ascertaining the availability of supporting documents, records and accounts in respect of the program;
- Appraising the quality of performance of those who are involved in implementing program activities.
- Checking the financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
- Verifying the financial transaction.
- Coordinating with the SAO to ensure timely initiation, well planned execution and completion of external audits as per standard time .
- Submit the draft report within agreed time.
- Quality & completeness of working papers.
- Gain an understanding of risk areas, their impacts and provide recommendations for overcoming the risk factors
- Measuring and checking of Financial, Procurement, Logistics and program documents according to approved annual plan.
- Review petty cash management of OFWMP as per the MoF and WB petty cash guidelines
- Following up on the implementation of current and previous years, audit and observations and provide recommendations
- Review payments system like authorization of budget holder, procurement procedures and compliance of payments
- Review, discuss and report Financial Management issues to/with the Project Manager
- Planning and executing auditing in accordance with accepted standards and procedures of the government of Afghanistan and the World Bank.
- Reporting field audit findings and making recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions and improving operations
- Preparing annual plan of Internal Audits and conducing audit accordingly.
- Managing the identification and evaluation of risks affecting the operations of the project.
- Review the process of preparation of project’s component IFRs, reconcile the quarterly IFRs submitted to the World Bak with the accounting records and review the supporting documentation underlying the IFRs. The figures reported in the IFRs shall reconcile with Annual Financial Statements (AFS) and accounting records.
- Perform the Biannual Internal Audit of the OFWMP/project and report the audit reports with the Internal Audit Directorate and World Bank.
- Prepare and follow a capacity building plan for the internal audit directorate of MAIL, and share the progress with World Bank on quarterly basis.
- Work on the institutional development of MAIL internal audit directorate.
- The Internal Audit will report to the MAIL Audit Director or Deputy Minister any serious weaknesses, significant fraud or major accounting breakdown discovered during the normal course of audit work.
- To perform any other duties if required
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Sound documentation and reporting skills, in English and Local language
• Demonstrated experience of leading and managing a team
• Excellent knowledge of computer MS Office
• Good communication skills in Dari, Pashto and English
• Team player
• Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues
• Frequently visits to the field
• Bachelor degree in (accounting, finance, and professional accountancy qualification is desirable) with CIA is preferred.
• Five years of relevant experience with at least Two year working audit experience with World Bank projects
• Four years of relevant experience with master degree
• Sound documentation and reporting skills, in English and Local
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
• The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Internal Audit Specialist ( MAIL/OFWMP/135) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: Due to some technical problems, we couldn't receive your cover letters and CVs.Therefore, we have extended the announcement date.
|More jobs in this category|
|ما لی at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Hospital Finance Expert at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Deputy Finance Manager at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|Finance Executive at Lapis||Kabul||25 Nov 2018|
|Financial Auditor/Reviewer at Emerging Consulting LLC||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|تحویلدار صنادیق at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|Finance Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Loan Operation Assistant at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Finance Officer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Accountant / Quickbooks Operator at Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (A..||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|