Financial Auditor/Reviewer(1119 Views)
About Emerging Consulting LLC
Emerging Consulting Group (ECG) is a consulting firm based in Virginia, United States with office and personnel in Kabul, Afghanistan, specialized in accounting, financial management, bookkeeping, tax compliance, and financial audits. Since 2015, ECG assisted its clients in the United States and Afghanistan with establishing financial management, setup of accounting system, Afghanistan tax compliance, grants and contracts compliance, risk assessment and audit supports.
ECG is seeking a Senior Financial Auditor/Reviewer for its office in Kabul, Afghanistan to support its client on a part-time or full-time basis.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2018||Reference:||004|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Financial Auditor/Reviewer will take a significant role in conducting financial audit/review of private or government organizations based in Kabul who receives donor funds. This requires the ability to work independently and/or supervise a small field team in planning, developing review procedures, performing reviews and drafting review reports.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Obtaining an understanding of the entity structure, policies and procedures, and business processes.
• Requesting and obtain any previously developed information regarding the various business processes and related controls over the proper accounting, management and use of donor funds.
• Conducting interviews with persons responsible for performing or overseeing key business process and related controls and documenting interview notes.
• Developing written documentation of the business processes used, along with identification of systems, control processes and control activities related to ensure the procedures are performed, reviewed, approved and recorded completely and accurately.
• Assisting in developing flowcharts that provide a clear visual illustration of the decision points and documents flow related to the proper accounting, management and use of donor funds.
• Completing audit work papers and memoranda by documenting review procedures.
• Assisting in developing a review report describing the various functions, processes and procedures in place at the organizations under review.
• University Degree in Accounting or Business, ACCA qualification or certifications toward ACCA qualification.
• 3-5 years of experience in performing audits or reviews of private or government organizations operating in Afghanistan.
• Familiarity with software and systems used for accounting, billing, procurement and audits.
• Familiarity with Afghanistan laws
• Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing priorities and multiple deadlines
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Fluent in English language with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
If you meet the above position criteria, please submit your CV, application cover letter and your salary expectation to: below email; Email subject line “Senior Financial Auditor/Reviewer”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please do not make any phone call or send any email about this position.
|More jobs in this category|
|Assistant Head of Internal Audit at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|Compliance & Finance Manager at Arya Pool MSP-FXD (Ltd.)||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|Senior Financial Analyst at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Finance Assistant at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Finance Officer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Finance Specialist at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Accounts Payable Officer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||24 Jan 2019|
|Tax officer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|Fixed Asset and Inventory Accountant at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|Finance Officer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|Billing and Collections officer at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|Development Assistance Specialist (Budget) FS.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||23 Jan 2019|
|Cashier at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Manager Finance at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|Finance Officer at WAZ Group Limited Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Jan 2019|
|Accountant at Aster Infrastructure Limited||Kabul||24 Jan 2019|
|Accounts Coordinator at I Engineering Group||Kabul||24 Jan 2019|
|Finance Assistant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||18 Jan 2019|
|Finance Officer at Emaad Private High School||Kabul||17 Jan 2019|