Sr. M&E Officer(850 Views)
Under overall supervision of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) IFAD funding tow projects named Community and Livestock Support Project (CLAP) and Support to National Priority Program 2, covered 7 provinces of the country. The ultimate goal of IFAD intervention is to contribute at reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the objective is to improve food security of rural households in selected districts of 7 provinces of Kabul, Parwan,, Logar, Balkh, Nangarhar and Herat by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The projects also aim at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
The project being implemented by various international i.e. FAO, DCA, ICARDA and national service providers.
MAIL has established Program Support Unit within MAIL compound to coordinate between IFAD, MAIL and service providers. PSU playing a role a bridge to connect and do correspondence between stakeholder
Under overall supervision of M&E unit head and direct supervision of Sr. M&E Specialist, Sr. M&E Officer will be placed in Kabul province and support Sr. M&E Specialist at PSU in M&E related field activities particularly, monitoring project's components activities, monthly reporting, assisting HQ staff in the execution of various studies’i.e. baseline survey, outcome survey, impact evaluation. Also, he/ she will assist in designing and maintaining program databases; monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
|Date Posted:||07 Nov 2018||Reference:||0013/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||20 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Support all M&E initiatives for assigned projects including:
o Assist in developing the overall framework for project M&E in accordance to the project design documents.
o Assist in the revision of project log-frame and assist in developing M&E Plan, indicator and result tracking sheet.
o Develop data collection tools for project's all components and assess information needs, provide technical guidance and work with M&E unit head to determine key issues and requirements of the M&E system
o At the respective province collect data for all three level indicators to track implementation progress, identify the requirement for collecting baseline data and assist in the conduction of baseline and other studies, as required.
o Oversee and contribute M&E activities included in the Annual Work Plan development, with particular focus on results and impacts as well as in lesson learning.
o Based on the annual work plan, design implementation plan for the physical and process measurement, post implementation monitoring of project activities.
o Record and share lessons learned, best practices and innovation with HQ staff.
o Conduct regular monitoring visit to the field and prepare report on the mission findings and provide recommendations for corrective actions/ decision making
o Work closely with provincial coordinator and seek his approval for the implementation of M&E related activities at province level.
o Assist in the commission annual outcome survey, data entry, prepare reports and present survey finding to the respective stakeholders at province level.
o Work closely with KM and Gender representative and provide data/ information on need desired.
o Train YPC in the basic of M&E, data collection and report writing
o Assist/ Prepare monthly, quarter, six months and annual reports.
o Assist in the provision of data for the preparation of project completion report after project closure.
o Any other task assigned by the supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good level of proficiency in Windows and quantitative analysis
• Ability to design M&E and surveys tools and excellent data analysis and interpretation skill.
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, team working and problem-solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Knowledge of management information systems;
• Analytical skills;
• Proven experience in report writing;
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English;
• Bachelors degree in Agriculture, Veterinary or any other related field. Master degree will be given preference.
• Understanding of social sciences and statistic will be an asset
• Ability to work under pressure;
• At least 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation with the government or International NGOs.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter as follow conditions:
• Please send your CV along with a cover letter
• Subject line must be: (M&E Officer 003/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|