Senior Economic Advisor to MoMP Minister(647 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The MoMP is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Sr. Economic Advisor
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Economic Adviser in the Office of the Minister. The Senior Economic Adviser will be responsible to the Minister of Mines and Petroleum and will work closely with other advisers and colleagues in the Ministry on a range of programs and activities to address the challenges and opportunities for the sustainable development and governance of Afghanistan’s mineral and hydrocarbon resources and extraction industries in line with international best practice.
|Date Posted:||25 Nov 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Senior Economic Advisor|
|Closing Date:||08 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan on Economic Advisory of all MoMP Authority activities.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to the economic development of the extractive industries in Afghanistan
3. Assist in the drafting and revision of technical documentation
4. Undertake assigned research relating to the economic development of the extractive sector
5. Monitor economic issues affecting the extractive sector worldwide
6. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
7. Performing any other tasks assigned by the minister on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• At least Bachelor degree in economics, development economics, public administration, international development, or a related field and Master’s degree is preferred in these fields.
• Work experience in Afghanistan
• At least 5-10 years’ experience in the public or private sector related to the field
• Experience of project-based work
• Ability to review and contribute to policy and strategy development
• Research skills
• English language skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 8/12/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Senior Economic Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention:Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Management Specialist (Economic Growt.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Re - مدیر تحویلخانه - کندها.. at DABS||Kandahar||24 Feb 2019|
|National Knowledge Management Officer at UN-Habitat||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|مدیریت ترانسپورت - مرکز at DABS||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|
|عضو بلنگ - لوگربرشنا at DABS||Logar||17 Feb 2019|
|مدیر مالی و حسابی - تخار ب.. at DABS||Takhar||17 Feb 2019|