MIS Officer(1076 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish Central Project Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Project effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB at MAIL
MIS Officer will be primarily responsible for CPMO all MIS system development, data entry, updating and maintenance work related to MIS Databases, including data retrieval and production of data-reports and supply of result-data in the CPMO projects progress reports.
The MIS officer will also be responsible for generating the required data from MIS database based on the requirements of Central Program Management Office (CPMO) through active communication with the field staff in respective Project Implementation Offices.
He/she will also respond and report directly to CPMO Monitoring and Evaluation, Communication and Reporting Sr. Manager and will provide support to all projects under the CPMO
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2018||Reference:||MAIL-075-018|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The MIS Officer will be specifically performing the following tasks:
MIS Databases Development and Administration:
• Develop and maintains the MIS system comprising different types of databases (Baseline, Output D, Outcome and Impact Databases etc… as required by the projects and M&E system under CPMO.
Setting up and Follow up MIS Databases:
• Setting up MIS databases, Follows-up databases, and regularly reconciles the data with field staff, and update the MIS unit.
Data Entry and Organization:
• Prepares and periodically updates the data code plan and layout plan.
• Enters and manages the baseline, regular M&E and other assessment data by result indicators.
Data Organization and Processing:
• Organizes the data per earlier defined relational auto-settings.
• Edits and ensures data quality through checking for identification, completeness and consistencies.
• Maintains back up data and updates virus guards on a daily basis.
Database Report Preparations:
• Generates regular database reports and as and when CPMO/MAIL request and prepares database documentation updates at regular intervals.
Data Supply in Progress Reports:
• Supplies progress data and prepares progress reports on Program indicators. Assists the CPMO M&E Team in preparing M&E reports.
• Do any other task or activities assigned by CPMO Program Director, Deputy Program Director and direct supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• At least Bachelor degree in computer sciences, Software Engineering or any other related field in computer sciences.
• Minimum of 4 years of overall experience in MIS data entry and administration.
• Familiar with most commonly used software, Visual Studio, MS Office (especially MS Excel & MS Access), particularly data base management programs.
• Some practical experience in MIS database and management work in a similar projects or organization.
• Be prepared to work for long hours and on public holidays when the service is demanded.
• Be prepared for traveling to all COMO project sites in villages, districts and provincial centers.
• Good communication/presentation skills in English and in both Pashto and Dari
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be MIS Officer (MAIL-075-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|انجنیر فایبر نوری at AFTEL||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|System Administrator at GTR Group||Kabul||19 Dec 2018|
|ASP.NET Software Developer at PomTech ICT Solutions||Multi Cities||15 Dec 2018|