GIS Officer(1035 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to establish Central Project Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Project effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB at MAIL
GIS officer will be responsible to collect, store, analyze the geographical and spatial data and overlay all these types of data into one map, use GPS tool in order to capture the location of CPMO project’s structures. He/she should have Knowledge of GIS tools such as spatial referencing, data management, Vector and Raster Analyses, Hydrology tool etc...
He/she will also respond and report directly to CPMO Monitoring and Evaluation, Communication and Reporting Sr. Manager and will provide support to all projects under the CPMO.
|Date Posted:||26 Nov 2018||Reference:||MAIL/076/018|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
As a GIS officer, He/she will be involved in both the collection of geographical and spatial information and its storage, analysis and presentation. He / She will need to:
• Use GPS tool in the field to capture the locations; such as command area, canal, irrigation structures etc… of projects under CPMO.
• Manipulate, analyze and present geographical information by creating programs to convert GIS information from one format to another
• Develop tools for loading/transferring GIS data between different systems
• Prepare required maps under CPMO irrigation/agriculture projects
• Cooperate with Engineering department in survey and digitization of maps
• Train engineers of different projects under CPMO.
• Be able to us Knowledge of GIS tools such as spatial referencing, data management, Vector and Raster Analyses, Hydrology tool etc...
• Coordinate with the CPMO MIS and M&E Officers on data entry, collection and analysis
• Do any other task or activities assigned by CPMO Program Director , Deputy Program Director and direct supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. At least Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer, Irrigation or any other related field.
2. Minimum of 4 years of overall experience in GIS, mapping.
3. Minimum of 4 years of overall experience, at least 2 years of experience on similar position.
4. Good communication/presentation skills in English and in both Afghan languages Pashto/Dari
5. To be able to travel to ADB projects sites
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be GIS Officer (MAIL-076-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Extension officer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Herat||21 Dec 2018|
|Farmers Call Center Operator at MAIL/OFWMP||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Regional Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||25 Dec 2018|
|Agribusiness Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|
|Horticulture Development Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||25 Dec 2018|