Developing Mobile Data collection and Analysis System(468 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The purpose of this Consultancy is to develop an online mobile data collection (MDC) and analysis system for Afghanaid to collect Monitoring and Evaluation data using mobile technology. Afghanaid believes that M&E is an essential element of every programme as it provides a way to assess the progress of the project in achieving its goals and objectives and informing key stakeholders and programme/project managers about the results. The MDC will ensure that the resulting M&E system can collect high quality data, analyse that data and produce project information and supporting evidence for decision-makers and stakeholders.
The functional M&E system is required to provide the strategic information needed to make good decisions for managing and improving programme quality and delivery, and planning programmes better. It also generates evidence to satisfy accountability requirements.
Afghanaid is interested to identify Consultancy Company or individual experienced person to develop the system and tools and provide capacity building to Afghanaid M&E team on different phases of mobile data collection.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-86|
|Closing Date:||10 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 1 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To develop a Mobile data collection (MDC) system covering at least below activities:
a. Setup of ODK aggregated server
b. Develop required tools with the support of M&E team and uploading forms in to the system
c. Hosting collected data online by Smartphone App
d. Data analysis using (Kobo toolbox, xls form and import to the STATA) and report generation
2. Deliver a capacity building training to Afghanaid M&E team covering all above topics with a specific focus on phases of mobile data collection and sustainability of the system.
3. Test the system and provide a guideline for its implementation
• Highly developed analytical experience and skills of developing M&E systems
• Previous Training facilitation experience for international NGO’s
• Good knowledge and experience of development M&E tools
• Familiarity with institutional donors requirements international and national laws and guidelines to be considered in M&E system development
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Individuals/Firms that meet the above requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
• Cover letter including the individual resource person’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
• Detailed work plan including the proposed tasks described above
• A lump sum fee for the assignment.
• Previous experience references for reference check.
|More jobs in this category|
|Enterprise and Marketing at Afghanaid||Ghowr||13 Dec 2018|