Security Assistant(1270 Views)
About United Nations World Food Programme
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters. In 2017, WFP fed over 2.8 million vulnerable Afghans through various programme activities such as general distributions (food, and/or cash and voucher as the transfer modality); nutrition programmes, through targeted supplementary feeding; school take-home rations; food for assets creation, Purchase for Progress (P4P), training and capacity development activities. For more information, see wfp.org
This position is based in Kabul Country Office. Job holder reports to the Head of Security Unit or the designate. The job holder is expected to take responsibility for the completion of a range of security-related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holder has to be able to recommend a course of action on a range of security issues, deal with staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other colleagues. This job may require to work different shifts and report for duty on short notice.
To perform a range of specialised and process-oriented responsibilities related to security operations including monitoring and maintaining security equipment in line with established procedures.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2018||Reference:||101801|
|Closing Date:||09 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||12 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in reviewing security threats and risks, compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations to ensure information is accurately collated to support reporting and decision-making.
2. Review security-related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to provide basic analyses and reports to ensure information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
3. Liaise and coordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
4. Assist in planning, coordinating, preparing and conducting field missions including tracking of staff, and perform regular security assessments in the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
5. Prepare detailed security assessment reports after field missions with risk mitigation recommendations to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
6. Assist in the formulation of advice to Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
7. Assist in implementation of all security risk management mitigating measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
8. Assist in management and maintenance of security equipment and identify new requirements to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
9. Assist in monitoring that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors to ensure accountability and maintenance of safe and secure environment.
10. Contribute to the development and update of emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures to support preparedness for a crisis.
11. Assist in identification of security training needs to support training planning and implementation to address staff development needs.
12. Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Has applied knowledge of security operations technical processes which must be adhered to in day to day work
• Has supported security operations efforts as directed
• Has supported in providing ad-hoc technical guidance to staff members
Education: Completion of High School education. Post-secondary certificate in security/police/military or in other related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years experience in security related functions including previous experience with an international organisation. Has served in a national military or provided services to international security missions would be an asset.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and in Dari and/or Pashto.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
High School, Security/Safety
Afghan Nationals meeting the essential qualifications of the position are invited to apply by submitting a letter of interest and an updated CV and P11 form. Please click on the links provided in order to submit your online application through the WFP E-recruitment portal. Please note that application submitted via email or hardcopy will not be given any consideration.
To apply, please click or cut and past the following link in your browser: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=101801&company=C0000168410P&username;=
|More jobs in this category|
|Security Trainee at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authority||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Research, Plan and Policy Trainees at Afghanistan Civil Aviation Authorit..||Kabul||20 Dec 2018|
|Security Guard at World Health Organization||Nangarhar||13 Dec 2018|
|Senior Security & Mines Protection Advisor to.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|GUARD at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|