Senior Security & Mines Protection Advisor to MoMP/Minister(618 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Plan, implement and manage the Mines protection and safety program of the MoMP.
|Date Posted:||28 Nov 2018||Reference:||MoMP/ Senior Security & Mines Protection Advisor|
|Closing Date:||11 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Security/Safety||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Prepare at Ministry level preventive action plans against threats to Mines & Miners;
3. Plan the installation and manage the operations of the Provincial Relations and Security Coordination Unit;
4. Analyze the daily reports of the Provincial Protection Advisors and the Provincial Relations Officers and bring to the attention of the Minister of Mines and Petroleum or the high Commission on Mines Protection the issues that need appropriate, especially those needing immediate and timely action;
5. Work with the Department of Planning to track trends in security situations in the different parts of the country;
6. Prepare monthly analysis of trends and report findings to the Special Commission on Mines Protection;
7. Have close cooperation and coordination with the high Commission on Mines Protection
8. To visit provisional mining directorate and mining area when required
9. Discharge other duties as may be assigned by the superiors.
10. Any other task as requested by H.E the Minister of Mines and Petroleum according to laws and regulations.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and local languages
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
The candidate should have the following qualification:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any of the basic sciences, public/business administration, Economics. Preference will be given to applicants with specialized training and experience with provincial relations.
Experience: Minimum of five (5-7) years of experience in managing Provincial Relations.
Languages: Proficiency in one of national languages and English language.
• Computer Skills: Knowledge of Computer software’s and Ms. Office packages
• Willing to work under pressure, and long hours
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Security/Safety
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 11/Dec/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior Security & Mines Protection Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention:Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!